Chapter 21: Episodes and Me

Katrina's POV:

I woke up in a unfamiliar place. I vaguely remember the events of last night as being awkward and that's about it. I don't even remember where I fell asleep. 'Wait where's Joker and Jonnathen?'  I sat up immediately when I heard heavy footsteps.

"The Joker has brought in a girl, a docter from the asylum. How do we know she can be trusted." I could barely understand what he was saying, he had a deep... russian(?) accent. I looked to where it was coming from and saw two giants. They looked exactly the same except for their tattoos and well, one had only a right arm and the other only a left one.

Oh yes I'd read about them, Hammer and Sicle. The conjoined twins from, I couldn't remember where. It made sense that Hammer was here but I thought Sicle worked for Penguin because they were fighting. Well they looked pretty chummy to me.

I got up slowly and quietly. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw them trot off after the speaker system called them. I only blinked but opened my eyes to a face I was not to happy to see.

Third Person's POV:

Kat had another time lapse but it wasn't the scariest thing Joker was about to see on the security moniter. She'd regained herself infront of one of the old Harley maiquens and she looked enraged. A ear peircing wail sounded through the steel mill. Anyone even remotely close was struck nearly deaf. A shadow of the old Katrina stood by a mutilated Harley Quinn figurine. It was dark and unnerving to look at.

It spoke in a double whisper that was soft and yet its menacing words rebounded along the walls. The creature stalked to a nearby door, muttering in an incomprehensible language long forgotten by the world of man. The figurine's voice recording played creating an eerie din which slowly faded leaving only the mimickin of its owners voice on the tongue of the dark Katrina.

The doors burst open revealing a canteen filled with petrified men in clown mask, distorted remnant of people in the creature's eyes. It slithered through the masses a malevolent glint in it's bright eyes. A bird sounded from a window immediately catching the double soul of Kat. Both creature and human mocked the small starling in a hollow copy. From that moment on both Kat and monster knew of each other as The Mocking-Bird.