Chapter 1: First Days

The doors loomed infront of me, I was hesitant to take that first step. My father gave me a small nudge and I glared back at him; he knew I hated that. He backed off and I signalled that he wait in the car. I took a deep breath and pushed open the giant door to Arkham Asylum, my new and first job.

I was here on recomendation from my uncle, whom I didn't know but he apparently knew me. My dad explained it as him being like a long lost uncle that not even he knew. It was odd but I got my dream job so I was happy.

I walked up to the burly receptionist. Her messy auburn hair stuck to the corners of her mouth, and asked her where I should go. She looked up lazily and handed me a panflet; "Welcome to Arkham Asylum, here to help you." I frowned when I read "Fill in here to enroll for treatment." What was she implying? "Excuse me Miss, I'm not a patient, I'm..." "She's Miss Katrina Crane, our newest recruit," came a voice from the hall. The receptionist got flustered and gave me a clip-board with an employee information form and badge on it.

I nodded in thanks and walked down the hall to the voice of Dr. Wrexler. He greeted me with a warm smile. He wasn't bad looking for an older guy. He had a certain foreign charm about him that complimented his robust features quite well.

He walked me to a small office in the East wing and explained how the room had 2 emergency panic buttons and that there was a rifle under my desk. Although he did hope that I would never need to use them. I mumbled a thank you as he left the room.

"Time to get organized" I muttered to myself, plugging in my earphones.I played "Salvation" by The Cranberries as I made my office more suitable for me. I smiled in relief once the room was to my liking.

The little speaker on my desk crackled to life as I heard the following; "Miss Crane would you please head down to the main interrogation room, Dr. Lanskey and Dr. Wrexler are waiting for you." I uneasily pressed the button and replied "Thank you." I then muttered "Strange ancient technology."

As I was about to enter the interrogation room Dr. Lanskey walked out rubbing his temples. He looked up but before he said anything, maniacle laughter broke the silence. "Who's in there?" I questioned. I was replied by a deep growl, "JOKER" it said. That was the first time I'd ever heard and seen The Batman in the flesh.

"Mrs. Crane I presume," he asked sounding suspiscious. "It's Miss and, please, call me Kat" I said and offered my hand for a handshake. He reluctantly shook it, his grip was nearly bone crushing but I didn't let on. His persona was fascinating but I wasn't here to analyze him, I was here to analyze the truly bewildered, to analyze the Joker.

I glided into the room, clip-board in hand, and sat down in the chair across from the Clown-Prince-of-Crime himself.

[A/N]

Ok, it is done. You can comment or vote, anything you like. Oh and Dr. Wrexler is supposed to look like Dr. Hannibal Lector from the series Hannibal. Yeah wellllll I kinda find him oddly attractive but would pick Mistah J over him anyday! ;-)

Love you all.