Chapter 12: My wing-man

Batman's POV:

I still wondered how the Joker could've slipped past Kat. It wasn't like her to let something like that slip, Harley's condition was proof of that. Sure she had a reason for her revenge but still making us think she killed her was... extreme! I'd let out a breath of relief when I saw Harley move.

I'd eaten dinner at her place the previous night but hadn't noticed anything suspicious. It was almost as if nothing had happened. The only thing missing was that child-like sparkle that her lively eyes had always held, it'd dissapeared after her parents' death. I could relate.

Tapping inro GCPD's radio waves; I got word that Joker had been spotted holding hostages at Gotham General. I raced to the Batmobile and sped off.

At gotham general, once I got past his goons of course, I set off to aprehend Joker. He had a gun pointed to one of the docter's heads and was telling them something about... Kat! "You know doc, I think she's the one. I never liked Harley anyway. Always thought of her as a tag-a-long. But she's gone now. *maniacal laugh*. I was interested in Kat the first day I met her, maybe it was her eyes... or those lips, those luscious lips. She's a really good kisser!" The docter trembled under Joker's gun.

I threw in my reverse batarang and caught him off guard, wacking him in the back of the head with a soft *thwack*. He was unconscious, for now. I took the opportunity to rush him to the Batmobile and head off to Arkham.

I texted Kat;

Kat,

It's me. Just checking up on you. Has Scarecrow contacted you in anyway? Please call me so we can chat.

P.s. I've caught the Joker.

Bruce.

I wasn't sure how she'd respond, I'd never purposely want to upset her but I needed to say it. In truth I didn't want to believe what Joker had said. Well truth or not it made me jealous beyond doubt.

I got a text back;

Bruce,

I'm alright and glad to hear that you've caught the Joker. No Jonnathen has not contacted me of yet. By the way what day is it. My wifi is down and I don't remember much. Could you please stop by later.

Kat.

This worried me, it's been her third episode in just as many weeks. She keeps losing time, and usually nobody is around to see what she does when this happens. My thoughts were interupted by a faint chuckle from the back seat.

"I see you've been chatting to the lovely miss Crane. I wonder, for our next date, would you be my wing-man?" His laughter then became hysterical and I stopped the car. I got out and beat the living daylights out of him and then proceded to take his broken, giggling form to Arkham.

A/N:

Sorry it's so short, I didn't have much time to write; studies and all. I might only be-able to speed-write on the weekend so wish me luck for this week please. Can you please, pretty please be my lovely spellcheckers? I greatly appreciate it when you do this for me because it's not only for me, it's also for you.

Night my Angel kizzes.♥