Chapter 7: Weekend Blues

I sat at home on Saturday, head in hands. Bruce was sitting next to me rubbing my back comfortingly. I couldn't cry though, my parents had been murdered but I just couldn't cry!

Each time Bruce touched me I could feel his grief for his parents' deaths in a new deeper level. I just wanted it to stop, but the pain just got worse. It was then when I said "teach me, teach me how to be as good as, if not better than, Batman." His rythmic circles on my back stopped, "Katrina I..." "No, you will teach me!" He nodded knowing that I was too stubborn to change my mind.

The electricity in the house surged in the absence of comfort. Bruce knew it was me and toom it in stride. He'd seen stranger and it was also a reason not to get on my bad side.

I stood in the Batcave in silent tears. I would not give up, I can't give up! I must avenge my parents. I will find who did this and use whatever strangeness it is that I have to rip them apart.

"Why have you stopped," I growled angrilly. "It's been hours, you need a break or you will break," panted Bruce. Alfred walked in and set a tray down on the table before whispering to Bruce. I heard that it concerned me but knew better than to get too out of control. I work at Arkham I would not like to be a patient there!

I learned that my psyche training came in handy when learning how to be a detective in some form. I also learned that the females in my family, in renaissance days, had been accused as being witches and burnt at the stake. Bruce and I surmised that my abillities were connected to anything electrical, including nerve impulses.

I could see memories as if I was a usb that could be plugged into another person's mind which also meant that that I could scramble the messages and give the mind a virus.

I just had to keep centred and remember "with great power comes great respinsibility."

A/N

This chapter iiiis a bit more serious but it is a pretty serious part of Kat's life and it will shape her future. If you want you can guess in a comment who killed her parents.

Lovez oooz