Chapter 5: Thank you for the Food

In the morning I was awoken by a call from the office "Mizz Crane? Are you alright? It's Austin, I'm just checking in on you? The Joker escaped last night with aid from Dr. Quinn, I mean Harley Quinn." It took me a while to wake up enough to reply "Morning Dr. Wrexler. I'm alright sir, and I'll be there in ten."

I bussled into the kitchen only to smell fried eggs (mmmm). "Morning Bru... what are you doing here?" I asked Joker calmy. "I'm making you breakfast" he replied simply.

I sat down at the breakfast table. I reached for my phone, "tsk tsk doc, that's no way to treat a guest, especially one who's making you breakfast." I left it. "Where's Bruce?" I asked. He looked at me annoyedly, "He left before I came in, left you a note," he spat.

I walked up and saw the note on the counter. I couldn't get to it without passing Joker and it was quite awkward doing so. The note read,

Dear Kat

I've left because I have "business" to attend to. I hope you understand and I hope to see you again soon. Call me if you need me.

Yours truly

Bruce.

"I don't know what you see in him Kat," he grumbled. I touched his arm comfortingly, I managed to keep the shock of seeing his memories in, and continued to say "Jack, thank you for the food. It smells deliscious." I was careful with my wording as to sound as sympathetic as possible, this was a brilliant opportunity after-all.

I ate his food and it was magnifiscent especially since I usually just had cereal and coffee in the morning. I smiled at him and he looked at me quizically "so you're Scarecrow's little sis huh?" I nodded and sat in that silence. It wasn't awkward this time, it was oddly comfortable. I felt comfortable with him.

I had to get him back to the asylum but without losing his trust. I could call Bruce but decided against it. Secretly, deep down i didn't want him to go; I liked his company. I didn't like being in this situation and it seemed Joker could see it.

"Kat, don't worry, I'll be leaving soon. Harley and I have got big plans dor the B-man. No one will know of this." This didn't calm my nerves and when he stroked my arm I saw the full force of his plans. It was going to be pure chaos amd it scared me to the core.

The lights started flickering and Joker left through the back door. They returned to normal once I got Bruce's message, "Kat, why aren't at work? Are you alright? I'm coming to get you." I sat in the kitchen in my work clothes pretty much ready to go but un-able to move. I just couldn't stop thinking about all this. What did it mean?!

Bruce knocked on the door and all the bulbs in the house burst and the stove burst into flames but I just sat there. I sat there and thought.

A/N:

Hellooor my awesomenesses how is this one? I kinda like it more than some of the others. Please tell me if you think it needs anything liiiike a typo fix.

Love you allll.