Chapter 14: Awkward silences

"Katrina what were you thinking!? He's scum. He's what rots in the underbelly of Gotham! How dare you let some-one like that go!" Blah blah blah. I couldn't really care less what he was going on about all I needed to know was that it involved me, Joker and Bruces jealousy. It wasn't difficult to tell how Bruce felt towards me.

In truth I did feel the slightest bit guilty for not returning his affections but my heart lay elsewhere... with someone a little more psychotic than normal. I wasn't sure if I trully loved Joker, it might just be fascination on both our parts but one never knows.

The awkward silence that fell like snow on a winters day was like soup and it put me off mine. I usually couldn't get enough of Alfred's cooking but it was too uncomfortable to eat at the moment. "May I be excused?" I asked stiffly only to recieve a cold stare and a brief nod.

I went to the luxurious bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face. It was very refreshing. I took this time to text the one person I needed to speak to right now but stopped mid-text remembering he'd just been caught. *sigh* Atleast I'd see him again soon. I whipped my phone out again and typed away like a maniac. I should know how, I mean work with them for a living don't I.

Maybel,
Kat here, do you wanna go to the mall on Saturday? It would be a nice way to relax after this somewhat hectic week.
☆Kat

I got up, walked to the door and opened my eyes infront of Bruce. His face looked scared, what could've scared Bruce to give him that horrified expression?! It couldn't have been me! Right?

Robin walked in avoiding eye-contact with me and said "Bruce I think your friend needs help." An awkward silence followed but I barely noriced I was absorbed in my thoughts.

I closed my eyes and sighed opening them to see myself on a metal slab in a freaky looking lab. "Where am I?" I whispered. I heard footsteps coming from the darkness, "Hello my dear, glad to see you're awake." The man's voice was deep and rumbled threateningly.

"I'm Docter Strange and this is your hour..."

A/N:

Sorry it's so short, maybe they'll be longer on the weeken