Chapter 31: Escape Tactics

The Batcave is such a wonder to be in, it truly did make one gasp in awe. Well it would if I wasn't strapped to a cold metal chair inside of it. Guess Bruce didn't really know what would contain me so he jumped to a cliché.

I feel the energy of another being and am pleasently surprised to see Alfred with a tray of goodies in it. To my dissmay he turned and put the tray next to Bruce signalling the horrible end to my dreams of those delishes treats.

Bruce mumbles a thanks and I can't help but frown at him. He really should show a little more appreciation for Alfy. I mean I bet Alfred made those treats, himself!!! Huffing I made my opinion of this attitude clear. A small smile on Alfy's face and a quick scan of the contents of his mind revealed that he was used to this and understood that Bruce did appreciate him and just wasn't adept at showing it.

Bruce, now in all rubber (strange to think of it that way), got up with a start and rushed past me. He sprang into the Batmobile and sped off. Soft footprints and a second electrical signal entered the room. A young boy, around 19/20 or so, walked in. He had on an all black suit with a red birdlike symbol on his chest. His mask hid his face but that wouldn't stop me from invading his brainwaves.

Nightwing, Richard Grayson, who the heck is that!? I delved deaper and found a lovely little juicy tid-bit of his past. He became Robin!!!! Why did he change!!! I went too far when the death of his parents flashed in my mind. I pulled back. He'd know that something was up. If you dig to deep in a person's memory without their consent it leaves an uncomfortable feeling of being violated.

He glared at me and I stuck my tongue out. He exchanged some hushed words with Alfy and walked past me and if looks could kill!!! I just smirked, he was to be a test-subject of my newest ability. I say 'a' because there will be more.

Since all movements and feelings are just electrical impulses from the brain, in theory, I could control people's motions and emotions. Wouldn't that be fun. I just didn't know the extent to which this power will go. "Best try it out" I thought.

At first it was just a few random twitches, then his arm jumped. After about 5 minutes of immense concentration on my part and many jerking movement on bird-boy's part I finally got control of his legs and arms. He shuffled over to me, arms outstretched, much like a zombie. The look on his face was priceless! He stood directly infront of me and I commanded him to begin untying me. "Master Dick, stop! What are you doing?" came the panicked voice of Alfy.

When I was completely untied I let go of the boy's mind and swiftly incappasitated them with a mild shock, much like a tazer. I hopped on the bike that was lying around and sped off. Time to find my man.

Sneaking into Arkham is one of the easiest things I've done in my life! Finding Joker's cell would be a bit of a problem. I suppose that he would be kept somewhere secure and where he couldn't influence anyone. The maximum security ward duh!!!! You'd think since I once worked here I would know but it has changed a lot! Quite a few scorch marks litter many of the rooms, I guess they're running low on funds.

I'd been crawling through vents for I-don't-know-how-long now and still each time I found a view of the cells it would either be the medical ward or the many offices and interogation rooms of the docters including my old one. I rounded back to the medical ward and noticed the vent above the elevator. Perfect.

I manipulated the generator situated next to me in my vent and made the elevator go up. The security guard jumped at the sudden noise. I took his shock, since it was such a immense and far reaching emotion, and stole its energy making him pass out. I jumped down and got into the lift.

I was fuming as blistering tears streamed down my face. He wasn't here! "Oh what's the matta hun. Ain't found what'cha lookin for?" Came an annoying voice and I growled, "Harley."

"Where is he! Harley where is he!?" I scream-whispered. She just smiled and said "How'm I supposta know? I just heard him saying something about Ragnrok, ya know the end of the world? And he ran off somewhere." This dumb blonde is really gonna drive me crazy, crazier than I already am.

I decided I'd try and trace his electrical signal. It lead out of the ward but then again so did the sound of approaching guards. I turned around ready to run as the approaching footsteps got closer. That's when I heard Harley shout "That's her that's the girl who set Mr. J free again!! Look she's getting away!!!"

"You are such a..." I was cut off by the wizzing of bullets flying past my head. "Damn, dead end" I thought as my face not-so-gently hugged the wall. I looked back and saw the beams of my persuers flashlights. "Heeeeeyyy don't we have the power to manipulate any form of electricity??? Oh that's right. Yes. We. Do!"

I dusted off my hands, you know that non-chelant way of being cocky after kicking some but? Yeah that.

I feel drained and exillerated at the same time, weird I know but isn't weird a side effect of being awesome? Anyway, heading out of Arkham, it's easier than one would think. Especially when you have the abillity to make anyone in your way pass out.

Okay off to that odd building with all the hats because it seems that's where Joker has dissappeared to.

Cale's POV:

Lissy and I could tell that Kat was in trouble. Besides the fact that she always was, I mean look at her lifestyle! It was because she would've called in with love from her and her bae. We knew that a tracker in her suit wasn't exactly honourable but right now it seemed like a good plan.

Last time we got the signal it was inside this big rock, wait what? "Lis is that tracker buggy or something?" She looked offended by the thought "Course not you know Mike always comes through will military grade equipment!"

I sighed and walked closer. I leaned against the rock, or I would've if it was a real rock. The only real rock was the one under my butt and I could swear that we were now fused together. Lissy's snickering didn't help the pain.

"Oh shut-up, let's just find Kat and get out of here!"

We walked in to find some kid and old man lying on the floor infront of this big computer thingy. That's when I heard Lissy say "huh neat" and I teased "nerd." She knows I love her.

The two unconcious people stirred and Lissie and I shared a worried look. We started running when the biy said "wait!" Just through the door we heard him mumble "you were hot." Kinda gross I know since we're both married with kids but a compliment is a compliment.

A/N:
Ok so I'm kinda annoyed. My phone deleted the last part of this chapter and I only realised 3 weeks later! Oh well it's alright. So there we go. Only about 1 more chapter to go!!!