Chapter 13: Dinner at Wayne Mansion

Katrina's POV:

My usually comforting office felt cold and cramped. The walls seemed to echo with child-like laughtee. They were laughing at me! How stupid could I have been to think that I could hide something like this!

The knock on my door was completely ignored as my brain kept trying to find a viable excuse to tell Bruce. "Kat, what just happened in there?" Maybel's voice sounded as soft as a recently scolded child.

She sat next to me and asked gently "So it's true then? You kissed the clown?" I had no strength for words and so I nodded instead. She nodded in return and smiled "I don't know what it is about the evil in this town that attracts us. It's puzzling but beautiful all at the same time."

I looked at her as a small smile itched its way onto my face "it's almost as if it's just more attractive to see evil in a man than anyother quality." This made her giggle "too right you are my friend. Oh I forgot to tell you; Bruce Wayne called and said he'd pick you up. What's up with that?"

"It's nothing we're just really good friends. He's helped me through alot and I'm grateful for it and all but I think he wants to be more than friends," I quietly responded. She just nodded and helped me up the floor. Yes, I was sitting on the floor, it calmed me... well untill my butt started hurting.

I saw Bruce in the lobby, he must've gone home to change. Either that or he'd copied Tony Starks self attachable and detachable suit but I doubted it.

"Hey Bruce, so where are we headed for dinner? My place?" I asked. He looked up solemnly and in a monotonous voice said "My place."

'Dinner at Wayne Manor! Wow this is... big' I thought. The little voice in my head raising its non-existant eyebrows worryingly. He must want to talk and most probably about the Joker.

A/N:

There you go my darlingz. I might be-able to squeeze another chapter in today, considering this ones so short. If not them I'll have written most of it today and will then publish it tomorrow. Amazing spellcheckers; activate.
L♡VE YA!!!