Chapter 24

Hey guys,

School exams had ended so school is not that bad. I'm having a lot of field trips and other stuff, but I think I have just enough time to conplete this book! So... read on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Blossompaw, can you help me find some herbs around this area?" Littleclaw demanded kindly. They were at the temporary camp with the Waterclan's medicine cat, Dropwhisker.

"Okay... I'll see what I can find," Blossompaw sighed.

Littleclaw always wants me to look for herbs, Blossompaw half-though, half-complained. It's not like there will be any fights. May except for the danger in the prophecy.

As she thought, she made her way out of camp to the dense woodland near the temporary camp. She then sniffed the air to see if she could find any herbs nearby.

She scented a sharp scent near her-dock. "Dock is good for scratches. We will need some," Blossompaw thought. She then followed the scent till she reached an uprooted tree.

Blossompaw sniffed around the area and she finally found several stems of dock near the uprooted tree. She was about to pluck some using her teeth when another scent drifted to her and caught her attention.

Blossompaw sniffed in the scent deeply to distinguish it. She recognise Leaftail and Ruthpelt's scents and... was that Waveleg's scent? She recognised his scent as Waveleg had come to her and get a piece of wood stuck in his left paw removed. And the wood's colour suspiciously looked like the colour of the uprooted tree.

Blossompaw shook the thought away. "Maybe they went to a hunting patrol, that's all," she comforted herself. So she then used her teeth to pluck away most of the dock and headed back to camp.

When she got back to camp, she saw Littleclaw and Dropwhisker applying herbs to Flowerclaw. When she went closer, it seemed like Flowerclaw had some scratches along her tail and the two medicine cats were applying horsetail to the scratches. Blossompaw remembered that horsetail can be treated to scratches but dock would be a better choice. Suddenly, she realised she was, indeed, carrying dock in her mouth.

She then padded towards them and placed the dock in the ground. Littleclaw saw the dock and said, "Thank you, Blossompaw, that was what we wanted. Can you help me chewed two of the dock into a poultice?"

Obediently, Blossompaw chose two of the better-looking dock from the pile and chewed them. She then spat them out and placed it on Flowerclaw's scratches.

"I feel much better now, thank you," Flowerclaw purred when Blossompaw had finished. The medicine cats nodded their welcome.

"Can all cats gather?" A yowl then could be heard. It must be from the leaders. Blossompaw then padded out followed by Littleclaw and Dropwhisker.

Once all the cats had settled down, Blossompaw could see the leaders in front and beside them were Leaftail, Ruthpelt and Curlpaw. Blossompaw was curious what was happening.

Greenstar was the first to start, "Three cats from Plantclan: Leaftail, Ruthpelt and Curlpaw, found out that east from here there is a lot of two-leg nests called a 'town'." Serveral gasps could be heard.

"Yes, not only there are nests, between them are thunderpaths!" Leaftail exclaimed where Ruthpelt and Curlpaw nodded in agreement.

"Thunderpaths between Two-leg nests? That is insanity!" A cat from Waterclan growled in disbelief.

"Two-legs are insane," Ruthpelt sighed.

"So we have decided go near the town, but not too near, and some cats will see if there are any other routes," Splashstar concluded. "Any questions?"

"When will we be leaving?" Mousetail asked.

"Should I say, now," Greenstar mewed, glaring at all the cats that dared to challenge him.

Murmurs of disagreement could be heard.

"We're not even prepared-"

"Won't this be dangerous-"

"How about the kits-"

"We are going now and that is certain!" Greenstar snarled. Silence immediately came after that. Greenstar closed his eyes and then said, "Let's go."

"Yes, but the kits must be in the middle of the clans to be safe," Littleclaw advised. "StarClan forbids kits to be in a dangerous situation."

Nodding, Greenstar flicked his tail, indicating the cats to go. The cats obliged, so did Blossompaw, and Greenstar let the three cats who found the town to led the clans there instead.

The clans then slowly travelled, thoughts of danger dampering their mood.