Chapter 9

Five hours ago...

Petalpaw stretched her body as she glanced up at the sky. The sun had just risen, an amber line across the hills.

"It's time," she muttered to herself as she looked at her littermates, Leafpaw and Brownpaw, for the very last time. "Too bad Blossompaw is not here." Heaving herself up, she padded quietly towards the entrance, making effort not to disturb the apprentices, especially that Leafpaw which had great hearing.

She plodded along the grass, heading towards the abandoned two-leg nest. Bye, Plantclan. she thought as she padded. And hello to Bloodclan as their leader!

Within minutes, she arrived there. She tasted the air, and found scents of unfamiliar cats. Those must be Bloodclan cats. Petalpaw thought. Scourge is trustable. And so must be these cats.

She entered the two-leg nest, and was astonished to find loads of cats there. Wow, they sure can be quiet! As she thought of that, all the cats immediately stared at her in hostility.. Petalpaw frozed in shock.

"Who are you?" a black tom snapped. "What's your name?"

"I-I'm Petalpaw," Petalpaw muttered nervously. "Scourge told me to come here."

"Oh, our new leader," he bowed, so did the others. "Welcome to Bloodclan. Sorry for the hostility."

Shocked, Petalpaw bowed, too. "So... what's your name?"

"My name is Axiom," he replied. "And I am your bruiser, or what they call, deputy."

He then pointed his tail at a muscular brown tom. His gigantic claws frightened Petalpaw.

"He is Hebrew," Axiom explained. "He is our best fighter." Hebrew bowed.

"So who are the others?" Petalpaw asked.

"You will know them very soon," Axiom mewed. "But now we need to get out of here. Remember, this is Plantclan's territory."

Petalpaw nodded and said, "Okay, let's go. What's our plan?"

"To destroy Plantclan and Waterclan," Axiom replied.

Petalpaw nodded, "That's what cats are suppose to do. And not follow useless codes."

The whole of Bloodclan meowed their agreement. Petalpaw smirked. Those cats are what I call brutal. She thought slyly.