Chapter 5

Blossompaw yawned as she glanced at Leafpaw who was heading out of the den. She thought of the dream she had earlier. Mistpelt, the clan's former deputy who was killed in a battle, had sent her a message telling her that she and five other cats had to find four other clans. Blossompaw shrugged when she thought of that message and pushed it to the back of her mind. 

After licking her pelt clean, she headed towards the medicine cat den. Littleclaw will definitely rip my pelt off if I'm late! She thought as she padded there. She spotted Leafpaw as well as her mentor, Woodpool joining the dawn border patrol. She flicked her tail at them before continuing walking to the den. 

"Blossompaw! You're finally here! Can you head down to my herbs garden and help me pick some tansy and horsetail?" Littleclaw greeted Blossompaw as she arrived at the den. Blossompaw nodded and headed towards the herbs garden. 

She finally got to the garden which was located next to the abandoned two-leg nest. Taking in a deep breath, Blossompaw's whiskers twitched at the sharp scents of the herbs. She quickly bit off a mouthful of tansy and horsetail and started heading back to the medicine cat den. 

"Thank you, Blossompaw," Littleclaw meowed as Blossompaw placed the herbs next to him. "Remember, tansy is for whitecough and horsetail is for minor scratches and cuts." 

Just then, Tigerpool, the respected Plantclan warrior, came in. "What can I do for you?" Littleclaw asked. 

"Um... I accidentally got my tail trapped in a bramble bush and I think that it's scratched," Tigerpool replied embarrassingly. 

"Don't worry, Tigerpool. I got an abundant supply of horsetail to go around. Blossompaw, go to the storage and fetch me some," Littleclaw meowed. 

Nodding, Blossompaw went to the storage and took some horsetail. She gave it to Littleclaw. After chewing the horsetail, Littleclaw placed the pulp on Tigerpool's scratches and said, "Your wound will be okay tomorrow. You can go now." 

"So can I go hunting with my clanmates?" Tigerpool asked. 

"Sure, your contributions are valuable to us. Go now and hunt," Littleclaw replied unhesitatingly. Blossompaw doubted she could be that good. 

Tigerpool nodded and went to join the hunting patrol.

Blossompaw chose a mouse from the fresh-kill pile and started chewing it. The favour spreaded through her tongue and new energy lingered in her shoulders. Glancing around, Blossompaw spotted Leafpaw licking her pelt clean. Blossompaw stood up and plodded towards her. 

"So... what's the thing you were talking about on the morning?" Blossompaw asked as she settled down beside her. 

"Oh! That thing! Right!" Leafpaw mewed as she lifted her year from her pelt. "Did you have a dream from Starclan?" 

How did she know about my dream? Blossompaw thought, startled. "Um, yes I had," Blossompaw replied. "Mistpelt -that's the clan's former deputy- told me that me and five other cats have to find four clans." 

"Wow! Me too!" Leafpaw exclaimed. "Plantstar told me that with you and Woodpool, I and three other cats from Waterclan will find thunder, wind, shadow and river. But I don't know what does that means." 

"Wait! Did you say thunder, wind, shadow and river? That's four! And Mistfur told me that I need to find four clans!" Blossompaw meowed loudly. 

"Do you mean... Thunderclan, Windclan, Shadowclan and Riverclan?" Leafpaw mewed, shocked. 

"Oh my gosh! But who are the three cats from Waterclan? And where are the four clans? We should ask Woodpool, he's part of that too," Blossompaw mewed. 

Leafpaw nodded and said, "I'll ask him tomorrow. Now, let's go and sleep." 

Blossompaw nodded her head in agreement and the two cats headed to the apprentice's den to get some sleep.