Chapter 4

The fresh scent of trees tingled in the air. A breeze whispered through the grass. Where am I? Leafpaw thought as she woke up in unfamiliar territory.

Suddenly, a brown cat with visible green spots appeared in front of her. She turned and looked at Leafpaw. Plantstar! Leafpaw thought in awe as she stared at the she-cat.

"A-are you Plantstar...?" Leafpaw stammered as the brown cat went closer to her. Time seemed to slow down. Sweat trickled down her face and her heart pulpitated widly against her ribcage. The she-cat nodded her head slowly and looked at her with her beautiful green eyes that could dazzed any cat, even the fiecest.

"Then...I'm in Starclan? Am I ...dead?" Leafpaw asked timidly, her paw firmly rooted to the ground.

Plantstar shook her head and mewed in a warm and comforting tone, "No, you are not. I'm here to tell you something. Something very important."

Out of the blue, a strong wind gushed through. Leafpaw felt like the wind was going to blow her away into nothingness. The leaves of the trees were swept away by the wind. Everything was a blur.

"Remember, Leafpaw, with the pool of wood and the blooming blossom, you and three other cats from Waterclan will find Thunder, Wind, Shadow and River," Plantstar echoed before everything went black.

Leafpaw flicked open her eyes. Familiar scents rushed into her nose. She was at her den once again. Blinking, Leafpaw realised it was almost morning. Streching, Leafpaw thought of the weird dream she had.

Pool of wood? Blooming blossom? Leafpaw thought. Does that means...Woodpool and...Blossompaw? It must be! But...why did Plantstar said I will find thunder, wind, shadow and river? We already got those stuff. Maybe she meant something else.

Shrugging her shoulders, Leafpaw let out a sigh. Maybe I'll ask Blossompaw later, she thought. Then, she realised that Blossompaw and the other apprentices were waking up.

"Psst! Blossompaw!" Leafpaw whispered at Blossompaw.

"Yes, what?" Blossompaw asked curiously.

"Did...you had a dream about-" Leafpaw replied but was interrupted by Woodpool who was outside the den.

"Leafpaw! Time for training!" Woodpool mewed.

"Coming, Woodpool!" Leafpaw said -looking at Blossompaw- "I'll tell you later."