chapter nine

after they had been cuddling for a while, Luke spoke up.
"Michael,"

Michael looked up and kind of laughed at how serious he was,
"yeah?" Luke got out from under him, because Michael had been resting his head on Luke's chest. he didn't speak for a while, and Michael panicked.
"Luke are you okay? do you want me to leave? I can leave. am I annoying you? oh fuck- I'm so sorry I didn't mean to do that, I can leave. I-"

"Michael it's okay," his voice was harsh, but he bit his lip nervously.

Michael's eyebrows furrowed,
"what?"

Luke sighed,
"you aren't annoying me. you never have annoyed me."
he picked at his fingers, looking around before continuing. I don't want you to leave. actually, you leaving is the last thing I want."

"oh. I don't understand."

Luke met his eyes,
"so I think we've like- I think that we've been having a good time together, I just- do you agree?"

Michael chuckled, blushing. a 'good time together' could never begin to explain it.
"of course I agree. I don't understand what you're getting at."

Luke bit his lip again,
"I just love hanging out with you and stuff."

Michael chuckled,
"so do I- just know that you're acting really weird and it's freaking me out." he laughed again and Luke just lightly smiled.

"I'm sorry- It's just, I'm nervous."

"Luke, why the fuck are you nervous?" he smiled and touched Luke's hand.

Luke turned his hand, their fingers now intertwining.
"I don't know. I just- maybe you could like- we could be- just maybe we could-"

Michael chuckled, but his heart was racing, and he didn't know how to feel.
"Luke, what?"

"I just- I was wondering if you like- if you wanted to be my boyfriend?"

Michael's chest tightened with stress, but also out of happiness. he didn't understand- he didn't know what to say. Luke was so beautiful and so perfect, he deserved so much more than the broken soul of Michael's.
"of course I want to." Luke's face lit up.

"really?" he smiled and gripped Michael's hand more tightly.

Michael nodded,
"I just don't understand."

Luke sighed,
"what do you not understand?"

Michael stuttered for a moment before taking a deep breath, speaking the truth,
"I don't get why you want to date me."

he didn't understand why he's so excited, or even why he asked him.
Michael knew that he liked him, and of course Michael really liked him back, but he just knew that he's going to make his way out of his life.

everybody always does.

author's note:

who wants to guess why Michael is sad?

comment/vote bc it honestly means the world :) follow me on twitter, it's also ukelaluke.

ily guys bc you are amazing.

-jasmine :)