chapter twenty nine

a few weeks later, it was on the Thursday before winter break, and Luke and Michael were by that damn brick wall again, Luke stopping Michael, the red head leaning up against the wall.

Luke seemed unsure with his movements and then he finally talked.
"okay, so my family has to go out of town for Christmas and it's stupid but it's a family tradition at my aunt's house. It'll be horrible because I'll miss you and I'll wanna kiss you and- fuck, I'm so upset."

Michael chuckled uneasily,
"Luke, it's okay."

Luke groaned,
"no it's not. I asked if you could come too, but we don't have the money."

Michael faked a smile and grabbed Luke's hands.
"please don't feel bad. how long will you be gone?"

Luke sighed, looking to the floor.
"two weeks. I'll be back New Year's Day."

Michael nodded, starting to walk away, but Luke couldn't help but to just grab Michael's hands, pulling him back.

Michael's back was where it had been against the wall, and Luke looked at him weakly.

Luke strode up to him, his hands gripping Michael's hair tightly, his own eyes tearing up.
"I'm so sorry."

Michael chuckled uneasily,
"it's okay, this is- this is stupid. I'll be okay for a couple weeks. it'll be fine- it is fine."

Luke frowned and moved forward, kissing a hundred different places on Michael's face, devastated.
"it's not fine. I don't- can't be without you. you worry me so much and I need to be with you."

Michael sighed to himself,
"it'll be okay, Luke. please don't worry about me."

Luke nodded and repeatedly kissed the boy,
"well, no matter what, I'll be worried about you."

Michael sighed, examining Luke's words.

he knew that the only reason that Luke didn't want to leave him, was that he would be worried about him.

Michael knew that Luke wouldn't miss him, he would just be worried about how much Michael would fuck up while he was gone.

Michael's face dropped as he thought about this and he walked away.

he just started walking away from the blonde and was confused by the fact that Luke wasn't chasing after him, but he came to a dreadful realization.

author's note:

CLIFFHANGER...

I HATE MYSELF

-jasmine :)