Chapter 33

"How have you been? It's been years," he greets me. I hug him tightly happy to see Nick after all these years. We pull away from our embrace and he smiles down at me.

"I'm good Nick and it's so good to see you," I smile.

"You've changed a lot since the last time I saw you. More beautiful," he compliments me. I laugh, "All this extra weight needs to go but thank you,"

"I'm here for the meeting," he tells me and I'm surprised by this. "Really?!"

"After the death of my wife and my son I became very depressed. My daughter Jane has been the reason why I get up everyday. Depression is a serious thing and I'm happy to see someone trying to help those with it," I lead him to the meeting room and I smile when I see Damon laughing at something one of the sponsors said. He's been doing better and everyone is helping him with the kids through this hard time. He looks at me and Nick and his eyes go wide. "Ooo I'm telling Blayze,"

"Shut up Damon! What are you, five?!"

"Five in heart," he laughs and we take our seats.

The meeting goes well and we walk out to hear a crash and a baby crying. Luna bust through the door in panic with white stuff on her shirt and face.

"Fuck you Blayze! You set me up!" She hollers angrily. I hear Blayze laughing and Chris runs out. "I can't believe you fell for that!" He laughs. She glares at him and starts to smack his arm.

"Stop hitting me woman!" He shouts.

Blayze finally walks out with both of the kids with a goofy smile. "Sucker," is all that Blayze says before turning to me. "Hey babe,"

"I see you're having fun," I smirk.

"Oh yeah,"

________________
Short story

Some time in the future.....

I'm in the kitchen preparing Rhysand lunch for school. Blayze and Mason are sitting at the breakfast table waited for the rest of the kids to come downstairs to go to school. I notice that Mason has not touched his breakfast.

"Mason eat your breakfast and put down the notebook,"

"But I'm studying mom,"

I look up from the stove and give a questioning look his way.

"Now?"

"Yes now. I can't take a test for my life. I suck at taking test."

"Why didn't you study yesterday or during the week or even last week?"

He sighs and puts down his pencil and says, "Well teachers and you two, my beloved parents, always say to challenge myself. So I accepted your challenge and challenged myself to see how long I can put off studying,"

Blayze dips his head and looks up through his glasses.

"Blayze don't you ever do that again." I panic in disgust.

"Do what?"

"Don't look through your glasses like an old man. I don't want to be married to an old man ew,"

"Well if that didn't hurt your self esteem dad I don't know what will," sighs Eos with pettiness.