Chapter 31

Suzette POV

It's the day of the gender reveal and everyone is excited to find out the gender of my son. Luna wanted to reveal the gender of the baby by us revealing the name of our son. I'm excited as I put on my sweater dress. The baby is due April 29th and I'm already designing the nursery. Since it's going to be our last child I want to make this special for everyone. Blayze has bought everything new and we have the nursery currently being painted. Theia comes into my room with wedges in hand.

"Everyone is waiting for you downstairs," she grins as I turn to face her. "I see this pregnancy is going to be the one where you gain the most weight," she jokes. I have been gaining more weight than my other pregnancies. The doctor told me if I maintain healthy eating habits I'll be fine. It's mostly my son who is getting nice and big inside of me. I walk downstairs with her by my side. Theia and I collaborated to open our own workout clothes brand. We have been selling out which is a good thing. We are flourishing and it's almost a billion dollar company. Our most popular sports wear is the maternity workout clothes. Now women who are expecting don't have any excuses not to workout.

I greet all of my guest and Steven snaps pictures of me and the party guest. My mom and dad gush over me as my brother and his fiancé chat quietly beside them. My brother is marrying Elizabeth who is a nurse at Emory hospital in Georgia. She's a sweet girl who reminds me of my mom which is kind of creepy. Blayze comes to my side escorting me outside in Luna's lawn backyard where round tables are set up for the gender reveal. Since Blayze is obsessed with cars we will have a gender reveal burnout and I will shout out the name of our son before the burnout.

At exactly 4pm we gather to the front of the house to see two Ferrari's: one pink and one blue. Blayze holds my hand as I shout, "Our babies name is Rhysand Blayze Everett Wilton!" Blue smoke comes out from under the car wheels and everyone cheers at the reveal of our son.

A few months later

I'm washing the dishes as the kids play in the backyard with Winter. I get a call and I ask Alexa to answer it.

"Suzette, we have to have an emergency c-section. I need you to come to the hospital with the kids now," Damon is in a panic as he talks to me on the phone.

"Is everything okay?" I ask frantically rushing to the backyard and calling the kids inside so that we can leave.

"No, it's not looking to good," he tells me honestly.

I rush to the hospital praying that everything is going to be okay. As soon as we enter the hallway to Maddie's room I see her being rushed to the operation room. Her kids chase after her asking if she's alright.

"I'm alright. I love you okay," she tells them before looking up at me.

"Watch them for me okay," she stretches out her hand and I take it giving it a squeeze.

"I will," I promise and watch her leave. I ask the doctor, "What's going on?"

"Her heart rate kept dropping and the baby's heart stopped so we have to have an immediate c-section," I watch him leave and I wait in the waiting room with everyone else. After an two hours of waiting Damon comes out covered in blood and tears. My heart stops as nurses go around him with a crying baby but no Maddie.

"She didn't make it," he breathes before falling to the floor. Chris rushes to him and so does Zaven. Blayze catches me before I can fall to the ground. They try to calm me down but all I can hear is my heart breaking into a million pieces. Maddie, my truest friend, is gone.

Days go by as everyone prepares for the funeral. I have tried to do my regular routine but it's hard because every time I think of her I want to cry and that's all the time. Damon is falling apart and the kids are taking it hard. I feel terrible because I can't do nothing about that pain. We bury Maddie tomorrow and I can't bare to even go. However, I must go to support everyone. The house has been quiet even Winter can tell something is wrong and he always cuddles next to me in bed whenever I take my naps.

I hold onto my bump as I lounge in my library reading the same sentence in the book for the past 30 minutes. I put it down and my bottom lip begins to tremble. I suck in a shaky breath as I close my eyes and fight the urge to cry. I refuse to cry. People come and people go that's the circle of life. I open my eyes to feel a presence. I see Blayze standing before me with a glass of water. I try to smile but fail.

"Oof! That smile looked painful," he tries to joke but all I can do is sigh.

"Suzette have you cried?" He asks me.

"You know I hate crying plus crying isn't going to bring her back," I state.

"Yes, but it will help with grieving. I know you're trying to be strong for us but it's good that you morn. She was special to...us all," Blayze voice cracks a bit in the end. I sit up and hold him close to me. I kiss his now wet cheek from his tears. "How's Damon?" Blayze has been staying at Damon's house along with Luna, Chris, Steven, and Melody. They refuse to leave his side and I love that they have such a great bond.

"He's hurting. He misses her and is struggling to take care of the baby and the kids," he mumbles into my neck.

I bite my bottom lip closing my eyes and I look at our the room. I remember Maddie always coming in and fussing at me for having me head stuck in a book. She always used to drag me out of the house and force me to go out with her. Blayze lifts his head and his attention is on me. I stare into his bluish green eyes filled with sorrow. Our foreheads touch and we sigh sharing the sorrow within ourselves. We will recover from this lost and she will never be forgotten and I will forever miss her. He family will be taken care off until I take my last dying breath.

Winter comes running in and cuddles next to me and places his head on my stomach. Blayze chuckles as Winter puts his paw on Blayze hand. "What a good boy. Protecting mommy and the baby, huh," Blayze grins at Winter and I place my hand on his cheek and stroke it gently. I can see the wrinkles forming around his eyes. I'm guessing this tragedy is taking its toll on his youth. I wonder if I have wrinkles too.

"You're talking out loud again," Blayze smirks and I cuss under my breath.

"Seriously!" I fuss.

"You don't have wrinkles. You look and will always look beautiful with or without wrinkles," he kisses my lips and Winter barks from underneath us.

"You want some love too Winter," I coo before bending down and kissing his gorgeous white fur.

"Let's get another dog," I suggest and Blayze raises his eyebrow as he cast a unsure look my way.

"I don't know," he replies cautiously.

"We're getting one," I say sternly.

"Yes, babe,"
__________________