Chapter 14

"Suzette, we need to be leaving in thirty minutes," Blayze informs me while the makeup up crew sets my face. "Okay, I'll be down in a minute," I tell him. We are going to a Christmas party and it's luxurious. Pictures will be taken and music will be played. I'm leaving Eos and Eros home with the nanny while the rest of the family will go to the Matreekis home for the Christmas Eve party. All the meaningful people will be there. I decided to wear a silver cocktail dress.

While I wait for Blayze to round up the kids, I scroll through my phone to see an old picture of Blayze and the twins when we were leaving the hospital

While I wait for Blayze to round up the kids, I scroll through my phone to see an old picture of Blayze and the twins when we were leaving the hospital. I took a picture of him from behind with the twins in the carrier. They were so tiny. I find another picture of Blayze in the bed shirtless with the kids in matching pajamas laughing as they lay sprawled out on the bed the babies on his chest sound asleep. I remember taking this picture and it was the only moment during my depression that I smiled and felt happy.

"Alright let's go," Blayze announces out of breath. I look up to see a pouting Genesis and annoyed Harry and Harmony. "We don't want to go." The twins complain. "To bad. Get in the car please." I say grabbing Genesis from Blayze.

The house is packed with guest and Zaven greets us at the door. "Welcome! Here let me help with your coats. How have you guys been?" He raises a question.

"We're doing great. Thanks for inviting us again this year."

"Blayze, you know you're like family to me." They do a bro hug and he lets us in and leads us to the rest of the party guest. I squeal, "Maddie!" And we rush into each other's arms laughing. "Girl I missed you," I confess happily.

"Me too!"

"We need to catch up."

We catch each other up and Maddie tells me how she has to go travel with Beyonce on her next tour for the year.

"That's amazing! I need to buy tickets so I can see you perform." I exclaim.

"No need. I got you and the girls tickets already,"

"Shut up! Really?!"

She laughs and a little girl comes running to her side startling her. "Oh my gosh, Mae! You scared mommy." She chuckles at the beaming child.

"Mae? Oh my gosh! Hi, sweetie, do you remember me, Aunt Suzette?"

She nods and hugs me obviously remembering me from all the FaceTime I and Maddie do.

"We're planning, when she's at least three, we'll go to Africa for a family vacation." Damon is strong about his culture. He's proud of is African roots. Both of his parents are from Africa and look no older than 35 even though they're 47.

I continue to make my trips around the room greeting and talking to a few of the people at the party. I take pictures with my friends and we decided to start a tradition that every Christmas Eve party we will take a group picture with all the women. Maddie, Melody, Haelyn, Skyler, Theia, Layla, Blaise, Luna, Abigail, and I pose for the picture smiling brightly. We soon take pictures with our spouses than with our children. Dinner is then served and we say grace thanking God for one another and the meal later before us.