Chapter 11

The next day I eat breakfast and freshen up before heading to the hospital with Blayze. When I get there I'm immediately taken to my room and I gasp at how nice it looks. There's so much space and the blinds are open so I can see the beautiful morning blue skies. A nurse helps me get settled into my hospital gown and starts to attach me to machines. "The doctor will be here shortly." I thank the nurse and she leaves saying, "No problem," with a smile on her face. I rub my belly and I listen to the heartbeats of the babies as they relax within my uterus. Blayze and I have decided to circumcise our son when he is born. My dad and Blayze dad were determined to show their point as to why we should circumcise our son. Little did they know we had already agreed to it long ago.

The doctor arrives and breaks my water. "I feel like I peed myself." I cringe and Blayze just smirks at me as I gag at the liquid on the floor. Within minutes I start to feel sharp pains and I become anxious as the sharp pains start to get stronger. Blayze is recording everything so we can have a mini-documentary to show this labor and delivery journey. I feel a contraction and I groan in pain pinching the sheets as I throw my head back trying to focus on my breathing. Blayze encourages me as I try to fight through the pain. I was going to take an epidural but the doctor recommended that I didn't so I'm doing it naturally.

Seconds turn to hours and after 7 hours I'm in excruciating pain. Every time I have a contraction I feel like someone punched me in the stomach knocking the air out of me all while five million knives are stabbing me. "I can't breathe." I gasp as I grub onto Blayze hand. The babies oxygen and my oxygen starts to drop and I watch as Blayze frantically tells Maddie to get the doctor. "Concentrate on breathing babe! You need to breathe!" I hear Blayze say as I scream in agony from the long going contraction. Within seconds nurses come flying into the room and give me a mask to use so that I breath more properly. The babies and my oxygen levels balance out and the nurse checks my dilation. "You're five centimeters dilated. I'll be back to check your progress." My nurse tells me.

Maddie, my mom, Blayze mom, Abigail, and Blaise are in the hospital room with us. They have been a great help and I don't know what I would have if they weren't here. Blayze has been consoling me through everything. He hasn't left my side and I can see in his eyes the guilt and sadness in his eyes whenever I feel a contraction. I've vomited more than once by now and bouncing on the ball is helping me now a little. Every contraction is hell and I can't bear the pain anymore.

I'm on my knees on the bed with my butt facing the edge of the bed and my hands gripping the handles of the bed. I groan and moan in agony as I suffer another contraction. "It hurts like hell!" I cry as I try to catch my breath. Blayze is pulling my curls up into a messy bun as I rock back and forth in pain. The contractions are closer together and are lasting longer. My longest contraction has been three minutes straight of absolute hell.

"I'm so sorry Suzette. I wish it was me in pain instead of you." Blayze voice is heartbreaking as I squeeze my mom and Blaise's hand. "It's okay Blayze!" I scream. "I'm going to vomit," I inform them and Athena hands me a vomit bag before I throw up all over the floor. I throw up nothing but bile since I haven't eaten in hours. The doctor comes back after an hour and finds that I have dilated two inches. "You're five centimeters dilated still. If you don't dilate soon we will need to do an emergency c-section." I thank the doctor and I'm left to fight through the pain. I take short naps but I'm always awakened from the pain of the contractions. I'm given medication but nothing seems to work. I wake up moments later to find Blayze asleep, his face on my lap. He's holding my hand as he sleeps and I smile as I watch him sleep peacefully. I look at the monitor to hear the babies heartbeats. I look up the clock and see it's the next day and I have been in labor for 20 hours the sun still hasn't risen yet and won't rise until sometime after 6 am. I haven't gotten any rest and I've been counting down the hours. The doctor came around 3 in the morning and I dilated only two centimeters more. When she comes back she said that if I didn't dilate and the babies are in the correct position, she will perform an emergency c-section.