Chapter 8

Lance's pov

I sighed as I made my way downstairs. I was happy for Keith having a date, he seemed excited for it. While I was happy for him though, I still felt something else.

Jealousy.

But why?

Jealous of Keith? For securing a date before me?

No.

I was jealous of James...by why?

For being able to spend time with Keith in real life? Yeah, that must be it. Why else would I be jealous of James? But why wasn't I jealous of Romelle? I guess I was, to a point. She got to see Keith every single damn day, and I was confined to whenever we were both online.

I shook my head, trying to clear my head as I sat down at the table for dinner. Veronica noticed that something was off, and nudged me.

"You ok?" She whispered

I nodded and turned back to my food. I needed something to get Keith off my mind for a little while.

After dinner, I laid on my bed, staring up at the wall and debating whether I should text Keith or not. I was about to grab my phone to text him, when it started ringing. I looked to see Pidge was calling me.

"Hey Pidgeon, what's up?"

"Hunk and I are planning on going on a trip this summer and were wondering if you wanted to come. We wanted to see different states, so we were planning on going to a few over the course of two weeks. We'd be going to Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, and that's just to name a few. You in?"

I started grinning uncontrollably. "I'll have to ask my mom, but I'm sure she'll be cool with it. But yeah, I'm so in."

"Great! I'll let Hunk know."

"Alright."

I ran downstairs to ask my mom right away. "Mama? I have a question!"

I yelled, hitting the bottom of the stairs.

"In the living room sweetie!"

I rushed into the living room, and she paused the movie she was watching.

"What is it Lance?"

"Pidge and Hunk are going on a trip visiting a few states over the summer and I was wondering if I could go with them."

She thought for a second. "I don't see why not. Sure, I would just need details and such."

I nodded. "Gracias Mama. Te amo!"

I ran upstairs and texted Pidge to let her know my mom said yes.

So much for getting Keith off my mind. The possibility of being able to meet Keith was enough to keep me up all night.

The next morning I walked to Hunk's house, since he didn't live that far from me. Pidge arrived not too long after me and we spent the day planning our trip.

We were going to spend a few days in Disney World, a day in Hershey Pennsylvania, a day in Las Vegas, a few days in Washington D.C., and a few days in New York City. We were also going to visit the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Boston.

We collapsed onto the couches after we had booked all the hotels and planned our itineraries.

"I'm frickin zazzed. I can't wait to go." Pidge said, grabbing her phone and setting up a countdown to the day we leave.

I chuckled. "Me neither. I can't wait."

I had other reasons than just going to see different places around the U.S. Our final destination on the trip was New York City...where Keith lived. I would finally be able to meet Keith in real life. Thinking about that made me feel really giddy. I got a message from Keith and opened it excitedly.

Keith_Kogane: hey lanceyy
LoverboyLance: keefers! how was ur date?
Keith_Kogane: it was p good actually! i wasn't expecting to have so much fun
Keith_Kogane: james is actually a pretty nice guy
LoverboyLance: im glad to hear it! im guessing u guys have another date set up?
Keith_Kogane: yep, tuesday after school we're going to the movies
LoverboyLance: good to hear! i hope everything goes well :)
Keith_Kogane: thanks
LoverboyLance: ofc
LoverboyLance: oh! I almost forgot to tell u!
LoverboyLance: guess what pidge hunk n i r doing this summer
Keith_Kogane: what?
LoverboyLance: we're gonna be goin around the us, including washington dc, disney, and even...
LoverboyLance: new york city!!
Keith_Kogane: r u kidding?? UR ACTUALLY COMING HERE??
LoverboyLance: mhm, we'll be there for a few days! maybe we could meet up with u n romelle or something
Keith_Kogane: definitely!
LoverboyLance: i'll talk to hunk n pidge but im sure theyll be fine w it
Keith_Kogane: ok, sounds good
LoverboyLance: ok, well ive got to go, we're about to eat dinner
Keith_Kogane: ok byee
LoverboyLance: byeee

Pidge and I spent the night at Hunk's and we were up all night playing video games

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

sorry for no chapter yesterday. i got a new puppy yesterday, and it was kinda crazy lol. i'll post another chapter later to make up for it. :)