Chapter 38

Keith's pov

I laid my head on Lance's shoulder as we got comfy to watch some movies. Lance had gotten permission from his mom to spend the night, and we were planning on watching movies all night.

Since we were the only ones in the house, we decided to use the T.V. in the living room, since it was bigger than the one in my room.

He put his arm around my waist and pressed me to him. It was all perfect. It almost felt too perfect. There was a little voice in my mind that told me something was about to go wrong.

I tried to push the thought from my mind as the opening credits for The Lion King started to play. It was Lance's favourite movie. His face lit up like a little kid's. I couldn't help but smile.

I finally managed to push my worries of things going bad about 5 minutes into the movie. When Mufasa died, Lance buried his face into my chest.

"I still can't watch that part...I always cry..." He said quietly. I awed quietly and ran my fingers through his hair.

After The Lion King had finished, and we were moving on to the next movie, there was a knock at the door.

Lance raised an eyebrow, and paused the movie that was starting to play. Nightmare Before Christmas...one of my favourites.

"You expecting someone?"

I shook my head as I untangled myself from his limbs. "No. Romelle, Axca, and Shiro and Adam all have keys. And I don't think we were expecting anyone to come over."

He walked over to me, and grabbed my hand. Neither of us said anything, but I knew we were thinking the same thing.

When I opened the door, we both expected to see someone who had a record of showing up uninvited.

Instead, we were shocked to find our homeroom and history teacher, Ms. Krolia. Lance and I exchanged a look as I greeted her. "Uh...Ms. Krolia...hi?"

She sighed. "Hello. Is it alright if I come in? I'd like to talk to you and your brother."

I moved aside for her to enter. "Well...Shiro isn't here right now. We're the only ones here. I mean, they'll probably be home any moment now...if you want to stick around until they get here..."

She nodded. "Yeah...that'd be great..."

I led her to the living room. She sat on one of the couches, and Lance and I sat on the other.

The room was filled with an extremely uncomfortable and awkward silence for what felt like an eternity. After about 5 minutes, Shiro and Adam finally came home.

They walked in the door, and almost immediately, the three of us were on our feet.

"Shiro! Adam! Uh, this is my history teacher...Ms.Krolia."

He shook her hand. A weird expression made its way to his face. "Nice to meet you."

She nodded. "Same to you. Now, I really have to talk to you guys." We sat down in the living room, and Adam went to make tea for everyone.

Ms. Krolia took a deep breath, and fidgeted with her hands a bit. "I'm not really sure how to say this...but..."

"You're our mother...aren't you?" Shiro said with a sigh."

She nodded, looking down.

Something inside me seemed to stop working. I couldn't process what had just been said.

"Our...mother?" My voice was so quiet, at first I wasn't sure I had even said it out loud.

She nodded. "I've known ever since the first day of school. Your last name. It's the same as your father's."

My hands balled into fists. "How dare you..." I glared at her.

Lance placed an arm on my shoulder. "Keith..."

"How dare you!" I yelled. "How dare you speak about him! How dare you come here. Why make contact now, of all times?"

I knew I was probably overreacting. I mean, shouldn't I have been happy that my mother was back?

But I was furious. I had spent hours wondering how a mother could just abandon her children like that.

I turned on Shiro. "And you! How the hell did you know she was our mom?"

He put his hands up. "Keith...she may have changed her appearance a bit, but she's still that same woman. I'm surprised you didn't remember her."

I huffed. "Keith...please...give me a chance. I want to be in your life. I want to be here. I know what I did in the past was wrong, but all I want is a chance."

I shook my head. I could feel my anger rising more and more the longer she sat there.

"You really think you can walk in here, say 'I'm sorry', and everything will be ok? No. It's going to take a lot more to repair the relationship...if you can repair the relationship. How can you expect us to just...welcome you back with open arms after you abandoned us? I'm sorry, but no. I can't just...accept your apology and pretend that the last 3 years of my life didn't happen. I can't pretend that you weren't there when I needed a maternal figure most."

I stormed out of the room, and up to my room. I was vaguely aware of Lance following close behind me.

"Keith..." He said softly.

I turned to him, tears that I had been fighting back beginning to fall.

"I can't just accept it Lance...I just...can't..."

He wrapped his arms around me. His fingers played with my hair.

"I know baby...I know. You don't have to. At least...not right now. I know you're upset, and you have every right to be. But...Shiro and Axca may feel differently."

I shook my head. "I don't care. I'll never accept her as my mom. She wasn't there, for the last 3 years of my life, I haven't had any mother to go running to when I needed someone like that. Yes, I had Shiro, but that's not the same.

"I know I was never exceptionally close with her, but it still hurt when she just left us. I just...I can't accept her apology. She can't just show up, say sorry, and expect everything to be alright."

He sighed. "I know...I know. We can stay up here until she leaves."

I sighed. "I'd like that. I know I can't avoid her forever, seeing as she's our teacher, but I just can't face her right now."

"That's alright. Now, I believe we have some movies to watch." He said, a smile making its way to his face.

He plopped down on the bed and turned the T.V. on. After everything was set up, he held his arms out for me.

I smirked and made myself comfortable in his arms. I rested my head on his chest as The Nightmare Before Christmas started to play.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

heyy so i took a bit of a break from uploading and stuff, and i took some time for some personal stuff, but i actually ended up finishing this fic. so i'll put the rest up as soon as i can. after that i'll probably start on posting other fics. i do have some other klance ones in the works, but i dont know if im going to upload them right away.