Chapter 34

Keith's pov

"I hope your arm heals alright! Love you!"

I wished he hadn't said that. It would have been so much easier if he hadn't.

I turned to face Romelle.

"Your arm? What happened to your arm, Keith?"

The look on her face was absolutely murderous.

"I injured it while on the date...he just wanted to make sure I would be alright. Oh yeah...we started saying 'I love you' to each other, isn't that great?"

She didn't fall for it.

"Keith Kogane you better explain yourself right now, or so help me-"

I put my hands up in defense.

"Alright, alright. I was in a pretty dark place when Lance thought I had cheated on him, and he wouldn't talk to me, and it was just...a mess. I wasn't thinking straight. I don't like that I did it, and I really wish I hadn't. But, it was almost like what happened with my mother all over again. I don't know...but I do know that Lance can't find out. I don't want him thinking any different of me. And he will if he finds out. I can't have that. Not after I just got him back."

Her face softened a little, but not much.

"I'm sure he'll still love you the same if he finds out the truth. I won't tell him, if you were worried about that, but I suggest you explain to him. I didn't think of you any differently."

I pushed past her and into the house. "Yeah, but that's different. I've known you basically my entire life. I've only known Lance a couple of years. Sure, it feels like we've known each other longer, but we haven't. I'm still not sure how he'll react."

Romelle sighed, wrapping her arms around me.

"Keith...he loves you. He's not going to leave you because of this. If anything, he'll want to help you. Maybe even more than me, which is impossible. What I'm trying to say Keith, is to be honest with him."

I knew she was right. But I was still scared. I didn't think I would ever do it again. But that night, when I thought I was going to lose Lance forever, old habits took over.

I marched up to my room, making up my mind.

I wasn't going to do it anymore. I wasn't going to allow myself any way to do so. I walked right to my dresser, and grabbed the razor blade that had aided my personal torment for so many years.

I made my way to the bathroom. I took a deep breath as I flushed the small blade.

"I'm not going to allow myself to do anything like that again..." I whispered to myself. "I can deal with emotional pain without creating physical pain for myself."

I felt a few tears roll down my cheek, and suddenly and pair of arms wrapped around me.

I couldn't see him, but I could tell it was Shiro.

He was crying.

I wrapped my arms around him as well. I'm not sure how long we stood there, but it was a while.

When he finally pulled away, his eyes were red from crying, but he was beaming.

"I'm so proud of you, Keith."

And that was the moment I knew.

I knew I was finally moving away from the dark place I had been stuck in since my mother left us. I was finally getting better.

And I wasn't going to let anything tear me down again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

alright thats all i got for today,,i'll post more soon i promise. have a wonderful day/night/whatever lovelies :)