Chapter 11

Keith's pov

James and I walked into my house. I was still pretty upset about Lance just not showing. We had been talking about meeting each other for practically a year now. Why would he just not show up like that? And then not answer my texts.

"Hey, I'm sorry about Lance not showing. It was a pretty shit thing for him to do."

I just nodded, still pretty upset about not being able to meet him in person.

We walked into the living room where Acxa was sitting on the couch, playing a game on her phone.

"Hey Keith. Hey James. How was it? Was it fun finally meeting Lance in person?"

I sighed. "He didn't show. We've been talking about meeting each other for almost a year now and he didn't fucking show up."

A look of confusion flashed across her face. "But I thought...uh...never mind. I'm sorry he didn't show up."

I shrugged. "No use dwelling on the fact that he didn't show up. Maybe we'll be able to meet up some other time. If he wants to."

James put an arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder. After running all around the museum worrying about where Lance was, I was exhausted. I drifted into an uneasy sleep.

I woke up to James moving his arm from around me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up babe. I need to go, my mom texted me saying she needs me again." He said when he realized I had woken up.

I smiled, and stood up and stretched. "It's alright. I'll walk you out."

We made our way to the door and I wrapped my arms around him. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nodded and gave a quick peck before he made his way to his car. I sighed and made my way upstairs.

I passed Adam and Shiro's room and heard voices. I'm a pretty nosy person by nature, so I listened in.

"-glad they were asleep when they got here. He seemed really adamant about Keith and James not seeing him." Adam was saying.

Who were they talking about?

"Yeah, it seemed like he especially didn't want to see James. Do you think those two had some kind of run in?"

Adam sighed. "I'm not sure, Takashi. One thing is for sure, Keith can't find out about it."

I took a few steps back from the door. What couldn't I find out about? Who was here? What did James have to do with it?

I shook my and made my way to my room, collapsing onto my bed. Thoughts were racing through my mind. I sighed and looked at my phone, surprised to see a message from Lance.

LoverboyLance: hey..
Keith_Kogane: lance!! what the hell?
LoverboyLance: sorry i didnt show, and uh sorry i didnt text u until now
Keith_Kogane: its alright, but i would like an explanation
LoverboyLance: i had to go home early, something happened with my grandma
Keith_Kogane: oh...so u werent at the museum?
LoverboyLance: no..it must have been someone who looked similar to me, sorry
Keith_Kogane: its ok, i understand.
LoverboyLance: u sure? I feel awful
Keith_Kogane: ofc! theres still different times we could meet up, summers not over yet
LoverboyLance: u do realize we literally live on different sides of the country. one of us would need to fly, which is expensive
Keith_Kogane: yea ig ur right
LoverboyLance: well i have to go, i'll talk to u later
Keith_Kogane: ok, bye
LoverboyLance: *read at 9:25*

I sighed as I threw the phone on my bed. I stayed up all night playing sims, and wishing I could talk to Lance more.

Part of me didn't believe Lance, but why would he lie? What reason could he have for ditching me at the museum? Could it have something to do with James? And who was the person Adam and Shiro were talking about?

So many questions races through my mind. I didn't know what to think of it.

When I finally noticed myself getting tired, around 3:00, I shut off my computer and went to bed.

It took a little while to fall asleep, but eventually, I did.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

soo this chapter was kinda short. sorry about that. the next ones also a bit of a shorter one, but after chapter 13, they start to get a little longer. :)