Chapter 2

Lance's pov

I woke up to my alarm blasting Shakira. I groaned and looked at the time.

"6:00 already? Damn." I sat up and dragged myself to the bathroom to shower. I yawned as I turned the water on and stepped in the hot water. I stayed up for at least another hour thinking about Keith last night.

I really wished I could meet him in real life. It's not like I had a crush on him or anything, but he was always on my mind and made me feel...some sort of way.

I hummed along to the music I had playing as I got out of the shower and got ready for school. I looked in the mirror.

"Wow, I look terrible. I hope Pidge and Hunk don't notice." I mumbled to myself.

I grabbed a slice of toast before rushing out of the house as I was already running a bit late.

I rushed into school right before the announcements started. I practically ran into homeroom and sat down between Pidge and Hunk.

"Wow you look like a zombie. What happened, did you stay up all night or something?"

I nodded.

"He was probably talking to his boyfriend." Pidge drawled.

I hit her arm lightly. "He's not my boyfriend. I stayed up doing homework...and yes I talked to Keith a bit since he was up."

Pidge and Hunk raised an eyebrow. I hit them lightly as they laughed.

***

I walked up to the lunch line to get a lunch, as didn't have time to pack one that morning. Someone bumped into me, sending me forward, which resulted in me hitting my arm on the bar.

"Oh, sorry Lance. I didn't see you there."

I turned to see Allura behind me, and Lotor behind her. I gave him a dirty look, but quickly turned my attention back to Allura.

"Oh, hey Allura. It's fine. It doesn't even hurt, really."

She smiled, showing her radiant white teeth.

"I'm glad to hear it. Oh! The line is moving."

I looked behind me and moved up, grabbed my lunch and walked back to my table. Pidge and Hunk were already eating.

"Wow guys, thanks for waiting for me." Pidge shrugged.

"Well we're not the one who forgot to bring their lunch because they were too tired to wake up on time. Not to mention they probably woke up late because they were up talking to someone until like one in the morning, probably, which would make it 3am for the other person. And y'know, some people consider it rude that you kept him up."

I shook my head. "You don't know Keith. He never sleeps. He probably stayed up even later than that."

Hunk smiled. "Whatever you say."

I felt my phone go off in my pocket. I grabbed it and smiled when I saw who the message was from.

"Looks like his boyfriend texted him." Pidge said with a smirk

I shook my head, smile fading slightly. "I already told you, Keith is not my boyfriend. He's just...a very good friend."

I opened his message, ignoring the following comments from Pidge and Hunk.

Keith_Kogane: hey Lance, i figured u were in lunch by now and i could send a message
LoverboyLance: actually, u texted at the perfect time. my friends r bullying me :(
Keith_Kogane: bullying u? how so?