Chapter 35

Lance's pov

As soon as my alarm went off, I was out of bed. I felt great. I could tell it was going to be a great day.

Keith and I were ok, and were telling everyone we were together. That meant I could hold his hand on the way to school. For some reason, that small fact made me really happy inside.

I threw on some clothes, and grabbed my bookbag. I rushed out the door and waited for Romelle, Axca, and Keith. After a few minutes, they finally came out.

I immediately grabbed Keith's hand and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You ready?"

He nodded, giving my hand a slight squeeze.

We made our way to the school, our intertwined fingers earning a few looks, but no one had bothered us too much. I hadn't expected them to, but you never knew what people could do. We made it all the way to our homeroom class without anyone bothering us.

Keith laid his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my arm. I smiled, pressing a soft kiss to the top of his head.

Ms. Krolia cleared her throat. "Alright students, time to start class."

Keith sat up, and grabbed his notebook out of his bag. I stared at him for a couple of seconds before turning to my own materials.

"Alright we only have a few weeks left until we start review for finals." Ms. Krolia said, loading the powerpoint and beginning the lesson.

Everyone groaned at the mention of finals. She hushed us and turned back to the board. There was a knock at the door, and she sighed as someone walked in.

I felt Keith tense next to me, and I placed a hand on his. I looked to see who had walked in, and everything made sense. James was standing at the front of the class.

Keith's breathing became heavier. He was starting to hyperventilate.

"Hey..." I said softly, intertwining our fingers. "It's ok. I'm here with you. Just ignore him."

He nodded, but I could still see the panic in his eyes. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"I'm here for you."

He smiled weakly. "Thank you."

Ms. Krolia turned back to the class once she finished talking to James. "Alright. This is James Griffin. He just moved from New York."
She said in a bored tone.

James smirked and gave a flick of his hand to the class as a greeting. He moved toward the back, and his eyes landed on Keith and I. He made his way over to our table.

"Keith! Lance! My old buddies." He said with a cold grin.

I glared at him. "James...leave us alone. We don't want anything to do with you."

He shrugged me off, turning to Keith again. "So, how's it going Keith?" He said with a flirtatious smirk.

My grip tightened on Keith's hand. I glanced to Keith, wondering how he would respond. He sighed, replacing his panicked expression with a calm one.

"James. I don't have the time to deal with a lowlife like you right now. Or ever. I don't want to talk to you ever again. So leave me alone."

He scoffed. "Yeah right. Sooner or later you'll come crawling back to me."

It was Keith's turn to scoff. He lifted our intertwined fingers.

"I don't think so. See, I'm with someone who makes me a lot happier than you ever could."