Chapter 4

Lance's pov

I checked my phone immediately when I woke up. Still no messages from Keith.

I sighed as I grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

LoverboyLance: hey keith, whenever u get the chance, message me...im getting worried

I found Pidge and Hunk and walked towards
them.

"Hey guys."

They waved.  "Hey Lance, how's it going?"

I shrugged. "It's alright I guess."

Pidge and Hunk looked at each other. "Uh oh, what happened?"

I sighed. "It's Keith. He hasn't responded to me since the day before yesterday. I'm really worried about him."

Pidge put a hand on my shoulder. "Maybe he got his phone taken away or something."

I nodded. "Yeah...god I'm an idiot. I just wish I could meet him...like in real life."

I walked into class and sat down. I listened to Mr. Wimbleton drone on and on about English. I waited anxiously for the end of the day to come.

When it finally did, I rushed out of the school, not waiting for Pidge and Hunk like I usually did. I rushed home.

I walked in the door, and Veronica and my parents were in the living room. I put my bag down by the door and walked in.

"Everything ok?"

Veronica nodded. "I was just about to tell Mom and Dad about something."

I sat down next to her. "Mind if I join? I'm curious."

She nodded. She was fidgeting with her hands.

"Veronica, what is it?" My mom asked.

Veronica sighed. I could tell she was nervous. "Mom...Dad...Lance...I have a girlfriend."

I nodded. I wasn't really surprised. I always had a feeling Veronica wasn't straight. I looked to my parents, trying to read their expressions.

After a little while, they both broke out into huge grins. "Oh honey, were you really that nervous to tell us? We don't care who you date, as long as they love you and treat you right." Veronica smiled, and so did I. It would make coming out to my parents a lot easier, knowing they would support me.

"So...when is she coming to dinner?"

Veronica's smile fell. "Well...uh...she's not. She lives in New York. We met on that trip I took last year to New York with school, and we've been talking ever since, and uh, we just got together last month."

Our parents smiled. "That's alright dear, I'm sure we'll figure out some way for you two to get together. What's her name?"

Veronica smiled. "Her name is Acxa."

I gasped, and Veronica turned towards me. "What is it Lance?"

"What's her last name?"

I needed to know if it was Keith's sister. It would change everything if it was. I would be able to contact him...hopefully.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "Why do you need to know her last name?"

"Just tell me!"

"Alright alright. Her last name is Kogane."

"Oh my god. She has a twin named Keith, right? And an older brother named Shiro that has looked after them since their dad died?"

She slowly nodded. "How do you know all that?"

I laughed. "I know her twin. We're friends, we met online." And I may or may not be in love with him. I couldn't help but think to myself.

She laughed. "Oh my god."

"Although, I can't talk to him right now since he hasn't been responding. I think he may have gotten his phone taken away."

She smiled. "I think I can help with that."

She grabbed my arm and dragged me upstairs. She dragged me into her room and sat down on her bed. I sat down across from her. She grabbed her phone and typed something.

After a little while, she started talking, but not to me.

"Hey! How's it going?" She said.

I looked up, but she was looking at her phone.

"Hi! What's up? You said it was important."

"Yeah, so we have a lovesick fool over here worrying about his boyfriend. Is Keith around?"

I gave her a death stare and she just smiled.

There was a slight pause. "He's in his room, one second."

There was some rustling, and I heard a door open and close. Then, after a bit, there was a small knock.

"Keith? There's someone on the phone for you."

Another door opened, and I heard Keith's voice. "Acxa, what do you want?"

"Someone wanted to talk to you."

There was a slight pause.

"Hello? Who are you?"

Veronica smiled. "Hi. My name is Veronica, nice to...sorta...meet you. I'm Acxa's girlfriend."

"Oh, cool. I've heard a lot about you." Veronica blushed slightly.

"Anyways, there's someone here who's been dying to talk to you for a few days. Since you haven't been answering your phone, he's been getting worried."

"I got my phone taken away. Anyways, who is it?"

Veronica shoved the phone into my hands. I mouthed a quick thanks, and turned to the phone.

"Hey Keith! So uh, your sister is dating my sister, so that's cool."

"Wait, that Veronica? Oh man that's funny."

I nodded. "Anyways, I was texting you but you weren't responding and I was starting to get a bit worried."

He smiled. His whole face lit up, actually. "Sorry about that. Shiro took my phone away. I've been wanting to talk to you, and let you know, but I didn't know how."

I nodded. "It's cool man. I just wanted to make sure you're ok. I know you've been...struggling."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I've been alright. Adam is gonna try to see if he can get me my phone back. I've got a lot of faith in him, seeing as he seems to have Shiro wrapped around his finger. Funny thing though, I think Shiro has Adam wrapped around his, too."

I laughed. I heard Kosmo bark in the background.

We chatted for a little while, until it was time for him to go. I waved goodbye as we hung up and I handed the phone back to Veronica.

"Thanks Ronnie."

"Anytime. So, tell me more about Keith. Acxa never talks about him."

I laughed and we spent all evening talking about the Kogane twins.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

and another chapter comes to a close. ive decided that during the week im gonna publish only one chapter a day, due to school and homework and such, and on weekends i'll publish two chapters a day. it takes me a little while to go through and format it correctly from google docs, and to do last minute editing soooo yeah.

also sorry this chapter is a little bit shorter, and a little choppy. i promise it'll get a lot more interesting soon lol.