Chapter 28

Shiro's pov

Keith's mouth fell open. "Are you shitting me? You're actually going to...?"

I nodded, a smile spreading across my face. He rushed forward and hugged me.

"Ok, ok. Go on, get ready. Adam's going to be home soon, and we have reservations for 7."

He nodded and rushed upstairs. I put the little box back in my jacket. I paced back and forth.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this." I mumbled to myself.

The door opened and Adam walked in.

"Hey there handsome." I said, walking over and wrapping my arms around him.

He buried his head into my chest and sighed.

"Hey." He breathed.

I chuckled. "Rough day?"

He nodded. "It's always the worst the week after break." He said, the sound muffled due to the fact that he was still cuddled into my chest.

"Alright, well, we need to get ready for dinner. We're leaving soon."

He nodded, and pressed and quick kiss to my lips before leaving to get ready.

"Love you, Takashi."

"Love you too, Adam."

I watched fondly as he climbed up the stairs to our room.

***

Once at dinner, it became evident that Keith hadn't been able to keep the news to himself. He, Romelle, and Axca were all chatting excitedly in hushed tones.

I raised an eyebrow at Keith and he just shrugged and smiled. I smiled, and rolled my eyes.

Once we were done eating, the time came for me to ask. I took a deep breath and turned to my boyfriend.

"Adam...we've been together for 3 incredibly wonderful years..." I began.

I heard Romelle let out a squeak of excitement, and Axca gasped. The three teens started nudging each other and smiling.

"Takashi...?" I turned back to my boyfriend.

"It has been so incredible. Words cannot describe how happy I am with you. I don't know what the future holds, but I do know that I want to take that journey with you. I used to think about my future, and I used to worry about it so much. I had no idea that I would be so lucky...to find the one person I want to spend my life with."

I saw Adam's eyes fill with tears. "Oh my god..."

I glanced at the teens who were watching intently, barely making any noise now.

"Adam...you're the one I want to be with. Forever."

I got out of my chair and down on my knee. This earned us a few turned heads.

Adam gasped and put his hands over his mouth. I pulled out the small box containing the silver band.

"Will you marry me?"

A fear tears made their way down his face. He grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"Of course I'll marry you, you idiot! You never even had to ask me!" He said, wrapping his arms around me.

I smiled and pulled him into a kiss.

People started clapping, and Axca and Keith ran up and engulfed us in a hug.

"I know you were basically already part of the family, but welcome to the family officially." Keith said.

I couldn't help but smile. As much as he pretended to be annoyed by us, I knew he was happy.

I looked to Romelle, who was sitting there, awkwardly playing with her food.

"Hey, Romelle?" She hummed in response and looked up.

I extended an arm to her, inviting her into the hug. "You're a part of this family too, don't forget. Get over here."

A smile spread across her face and she rushed over. I looked to Adam, and I could tell he was thinking the same thing.

"Alright, alright." Adam said, pulling away from the hug. "We've been annoying these nice people long enough. C'mon, let's go home."

His eyes were still a little misty. I grabbed his hand, causing him to look up.

"This isn't going to be easy, you know. Not only is her father in another state, but he might not want to give up custody easily." I said quietly while the teens gathered their stuff.

He turned to face me and took my other hand in his. "I know. But she deserves better than him. He practically disowned her. She isn't even living in the same state as him. It'll all work out, Takashi."

I smiled, giving him a quick kiss. "Alright then. Now let's go, before they leave us here." I said, noticing the kids had already walked out to the parking lot.