Chapter 20

Lance's pov

Keith sighed and turned to face me once again. I looked at his face. I had seen what he looked like, of course, but seeing it on a screen was nothing compared to seeing him in person.

He was even more beautiful. His eyes shone with tears that he didn't dare let fall. His lips parted slightly, and he was looking up at me slightly, due to me being a little taller than him.

His hair fell over his eyes slightly, and I had to resist every urge to reach out and tuck it behind his ears.

"Lance..."

It was my turn to interrupt. "Keith, please, I need to explain. You might not believe me, and that's fine, but I still need to tell you. I did go to the museum to meet you. I was so excited to. But, you weren't there when I got there. James, however, was. He told me I was pathetic and didn't deserve your friendship. He told me that I was bad for your health because you weren't sleeping anymore. He told me not to say anything or someone would get hurt. I didn't want to take the chance that he might hurt you, so I listened to him. I was also worried about you, Keith. About your health, because you are one of my best friends, and I don't want you to be like, sick or something because of me. I'm sorry I didn't explain earlier, but I didn't want anything to happen to you."

Keith was silent for a moment, then threw his arms around me.

"Lance, you can always talk to me, no matter what's going on. I don't care if I don't ever sleep again, I just want to be your friend. Please don't do something like that again."

I nodded and returned the hug. A smile made its way across my face.

"Besides, I will always believe you...unless you give me a reason to believe otherwise. You really should have come to me sooner instead of cutting me off like that!"

I smiled. "Ok. I promise that next time something happens, I'll come talk to you before I do anything drastic."

"Good."

"So, you moved to L.A. then? Where about."

He smirked. "Right across from you. Veronica and your mom came by and when Acxa and Veronica saw each other they were overjoyed. I bet you anything once we get back they'll still be with each other. That's understandable though. Having friends who lives on the other side of the country is hard enough, but having a significant other? That's gotta be agonizing."
He said, waving over Romelle, Pidge and Hunk.

"So, you and Romelle are going into your junior year, right?"

He nodded. "Yeah, so unfortunately you get to be stuck with me in school too."

I laughed. "I think I'll he able to manage.

The others caught up with us, and we explained that we had made up.

"Why don't we all go to my house? We can get to know each other a bit better since we've only really ever heard of one another." Pidge said, making her way to Hunk's car.

Romelle and Keith looked at each other and nodded. Pidge climbed into the front with Hunk, while Romelle, Keith, and I all piled into the back.

At Pidge's house we decided to break out some board games, while joking and laughing with one another.

***

Keith yawned and stretched. He checked the time on his phone and stood up, gesturing for Romelle to do the same.

"We should probably head home. Shiro will want us home at some point."

I jumped up too. "I'll go with you guys. You're new, and probably don't know your way home, and we live right across from each other so I'll be home too."

Pidge and Hunk gave me a look, but I dismissed them. I was more concerned about Keith. I wanted to make up for how I treated him.

We walked out and into the night. We walked in a comfortable silence for a little while, before Romelle finally spoke up.

"So, what's school like here? Like, how do you like the school you go to?"

"Well, I personally hate school, so I'd tell you it's hell, but if you're some whiz kid like Pidge or Hunk, you'd probably think differently."

She chuckled. "So, any cute girls? Preferably ones who might like girls?"

"Well, I don't know about them liking girls, but there are some cute girls in our school. There's Nyma, but she's dating Rolo, so that's probably a no. There's Luca, but I don't really talk to her much so I don't know if she's into girls."

"There's also Allura." Keith drawled, wiggling his eyebrows slightly.

"Oh shut up Keith. I was getting there."

"Who's this Allura?" Romelle asked, her interest piqued.

lLance's girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend! She's just a friend of mine. But I used to have a crush on her, yeah. She's really pretty. And super nice too. I can introduce you when school starts if you'd like."

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks Lance."

I nodded. We finally reached our houses.

"You go on ahead Romelle, I want to talk to Lance real quick."

Romelle nodded and walked up the steps and into the house. As soon as she was gone, Keith turned to me.

"Lance...thank you for explaining what happened. Although I would have liked for you to tell me rather than basically ghost me, I understand why you did it."

He wrapped his arms around me. I smiled as I hugged him back. I took a deep breath, breathing in his scent.

We separated and he flashed a dazzling smile. It was even more beautiful in person. I smiled back and waved. He started to walk towards his house.

"Keith?"

He turned. "Yeah?"

"It was great to finally meet you in person." I said.

He smiled. "Same to you Lance."

I stood there and watched as he walked up the steps and into the house.

Smiling to myself, I made my way to my house across the street.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*me trying to make up for not posting for a few days by posting a shit ton of chapters in one night*

im not really doing anything so i thought id get through a few chapters :)