3.5

(A/N: I apologize for any confusion last night about the posting of chapter 3.5, I took down the chapter due to complications with my phone, I thought no one received a notification, but turns out you all did! And I just have an issue with my phone (which sucks) but anywho, here's the chapter).

Jacob's P.O.V.

I already knew where I was when I opened my eyes and couldn't see for a few seconds due to the lights above me. I was in the hospital and I think I knew why, but I wasn't completely sure. I slowly sat up and groaned at how sore I was.

"Oh, you're awake!" I furrowed my eyebrows when I felt kisses being pressed all over my face.

"Ms. Sylvia, please" I whined.

"I'm sorry" she apologized.

I looked at her then at the hospital gown I was wearing. "How long have I been out?"

"About an hour or so".

"Oh". I looked at the IV tube for a few minutes. It must've been pretty bad, the last time I passed out, I was only unconscious for a few minutes, I didn't need to go to the hospital. "What happened?" I murmured, I was pretty sure I already knew the answer.

"I was told you fainted".

"And you took me to the hospital because?"

"Because you're my responsibility and I needed to make sure you were okay".

"Oh". It was silent for a long time. "Where's everyone else?"

"In the waiting room. They're worried about you" she answered, "Alex and Finley are really anxious to see you, and Chresanto's here, too".

I looked at her, "really?"

She nodded.

"Can I see them?" I asked curiously.

She nodded again but held up a finger, "you can, but... I need to talk to you".

I sighed because I knew where this was going and I had no idea what lie I was going to tell her. I don't even know if a lie would work because how was I to know if a doctor already told her what was wrong with me?

"Jacob, do you know why you fainted?" She asked.

I bit my lip gently and looked down at my hands, I messed with the rough blanket I was provided. I nodded. "Yes".

"Jacob, look at me, please" I didn't want to, especially when I could basically hear the anguish in her words, but I did what I was told. "How long have you...." She was unable to finish her sentence and it made me feel bad because I was the reason she couldn't.

"Since I was sixteen" I murmured, I looked away from her.

"Why?"

I sighed, I was growing a bit frustrated because I honestly didn't want to tell her. "Ms. Sylvia, not to be rude... But I don't really know why you asked me that question" I spoke, my voice was quiet and I could barely hear it, "I've got an eating disorder, so that must mean that I don't like something about my body". I looked at her and regretted it, there were tears in her eyes. "Ms. Sylvia, please, don't cry" I said, "it's not that... It's not that serious, I'm fine... Really, I am".

She shook her head, "no, you aren't. You have an eating disorder, honey, and I'm so sorry I never realized it until now. Lord, I'm supposed to make sure everyone is doing all right, and I was completely oblivious when it came to you".

"It's not your fault, and you weren't oblivious. You asked me many times if everything was okay and I chose to lie to you and tell you everything was fine. I hid it well, it's not your fault that you didn't know about it". I messed with the IV tube, my eyes wandered up the tube and to the bag. "How long do I have to stay here?"