0.8

Jacob's P.O.V.

"He's gay" I said to Alex, I was in the midst of doing homework and so was she.

"Okay, and so are you" she murmured, she was nose deep in a textbook. She had her legs comfortably resting on my own as we did our assigned work on my bed. "No, I'm bi" I corrected.

"Either way, you both have a liking for guys" she turned to a new page, "do you like him or something?"

"No" I replied, "I just didn't know he was gay".

"Well, I mean, you never let him talk to you, so how were you to know?"

I went back to my homework and sighed, "I suppose you've got a point".

"Don't I always?"

I nodded a bit and she finally looked up from her textbook. "Why don't you just wear your reading glasses?" I asked, "I know you can barely see the words, Alexandria".

"They make me look like a nerd" she replied. 

"No, they don't" I said simply, "and even if they did you'd look like a cute nerd".

"Eh" she went back to looking at her textbook. "So when are you going to let me meet Chresanto?" 

"Why would you want to meet him?" I asked curiously, "we're not even friends". 

She giggled, "okay, Jacob". 

"I'm serious, we're not. I don't like him, he's annoying and he talks a lot and he's so worried about me eating at lunch". 

"That's because he likes you".

"Alexandria, when did you become the Love Guru?" I questioned. I wanted to know why she really thought Chresanto had an affinity towards me, and yes, I could be one of those people who let themselves get knee-deep in denial, but I honestly think he doesn't like me.

Like... Who would? He knows nothing about me. He doesn't know that the place I call home is a group home with a bunch of other kids, and that I'm a horrible person to be around because I basically can't keep my temper under control half the time.... Okay, maybe he knows that last one. I do know that he doesn't know about my eating disorder, and if he ever found out, he'd probably just leave. 

>>*<<

I looked at Finley as she tried to jump up and grab the box of rice that was at the very top of the pantry. "Do you need help?" I asked curiously. 

"No, I got it" she stated before jumping up again, she almost had it but she was a couple inches short. 

"Fin, you can't reach it" I chuckled. 

"No, no, I can" she said confidently. She jumped up one last time and still didn't manage to grab the box. I sighed and walked over to her, I put my hands on her hips and picked her up. "Get it" I instructed. She obeyed and took the box, along with another, from the shelf.

I set her down and she looked at me, "I told you I could get it".

I chuckled, "indeed, you did". 

"Would you like to swing by Walmart with me? I have to get shrimp".

"Why do you need shrimp?"

"I'm making shrimp fried rice tonight" she said cheerfully, "I never made it before".

"Oh".

"Mhm, so what do'ya say?"

I shrugged a bit, "I'll come. Is Ms. Sylvia letting you use the car?"