2.2

Jacob's P.O.V.

"Do you want to come to Kids United? Since it's Friday, we're having this thing where visitors can show up. It's not like adoption day or anything, we don't have those, well... I don't think we do. But anyway, it's where people we know can come and visit and see how we're doing. No one ever comes to visit me and I don't want to be the only one without someone to talk to... So I just tho-" "Jesus Christ, Jacob, are you ever gonna finish talking?" Chresanto said while laughing. 

"Sorry, sorry" I apologized, "but do you?"

"Sure, what time does it start?"

"Six-thirty" I answered, "I guess we can leave in a few minutes or so". 

"Do people usually visit the other people there?"

I nodded a little, "yeah". 

"But no one visits you?"

I shook my head, "no, no family members or anything like that".

>>*<<

"This is Chresanto" I introduced him to everyone, I watched as he waived awkwardly. "Hi". "Chres, this is Ms. Sylvia, Christina, Olivia, Justin, Chris, Adrian, Conner, and you've already met Finley and Alex". I fiddled with my fingers once everybody said their hello's and nice to meet you's. Now, everyone was conversing with the family or friends that came to visit them. "Well, um... This is it" I murmured, "this is where I come to everyday".

"And it's a nice place" he reassured.

I shook my head, "you don't really have to lie". I walked to the stairs and pulled him with me. "I'm not lying to you though" he stated.

I walked into my room, "okay".

"Ugh, I hate it when you do that, you know? You're really insecure".

I looked at him, "I am not insecure". 

"Uh, yeah, you are" he chuckled, "you just don't like admitting it". 

I crossed my arms over my chest, "give me an example of how I'm insecure". 

"Just now, and all the other times you mention Kids United. It's like you're afraid of people judging you, I honestly thought you were some hard, closed off, kid before I got to know you, and now I've figured out that you're not". 

"That is so not true" I replied. 

"Okay, Jacob". 

"Well, well what about you? Huh? I thought you were some annoying ass kid and now you've got me kissing you and shit". 

"And that's calling me insecure how?" 

"I'm not calling you insecure, you're quite confident". I sat down on my bed and he stayed standing. "My life just isn't really the best, as you can tell, but I feel as if your's is and it's just very embarrassing to know that you go home to an actual home, you know with your parents, but I don't. I come here everyday because my mother was a teen mom and couldn't take care of me and all that other stuff". 

"Jacob, my at home life really isn't that great, you know?" He sat down next to me, "I wake up sometimes to my mother crying in her room because she knows what my father is doing, and I can't do anything about it because every time I go in and see if she's okay she just cries harder because she knows that I know and it just becomes this one big mess and yeah".

I sighed, "I never really realized..." I admitted, "I'm sorry". 

"Eh, it's okay". 

"I hope we're not interrupting anything" I looked over and saw Finley poking her head into the room, Alex was leaning against the door frame.