0.6

Chresanto's P.O.V.

Wow! How is he going to tell me to meet him at the park if he's not even going to show up? He says he doesn't like to be stood up? Well neither do I. I crossed my arms over my chest as I sat at one of the old picnic tables. I pulled out my phone and called Ray.

"I think I'm being stood up" I said once Ray greeted me with a "hello".

"Okay, why do you say that?" He asked.

"He's not here" I explained. "He told me to meet him after school, but he's not here".

"Give him a couple more minutes and if he doesn't show up, then leave".

I tapped my fingers on the table, "alright". I hung up the phone and waited a bit longer, I was just about to leave when he suddenly decided to show up. "Look who finally decided to show up!" I said in surprise.

"Your sarcasm is killing me" he said as he literally laid down on top of the table. I rolled my eyes.

"So about this project, can we do you first?" He asked, "I don't want you to learn about me yet". He looked at his water bottle and not at me.

I nodded a little, "yeah, sure".

"Okay, so... Um... What's your favorite color?"

"Blue"

"Oh, okay".

"Are you gonna write what you ask and what I answer down somewhere?" I asked curiously, he sighed and opened his bag and pulled out a black composition notebook.

"You're very persistent, you know?" He asked as he looked at me, he then pulled something else from his bag; a pack of cigarettes. I watched him pull out a lighter also. "Please don't tell me you're not gonna let me smoke" he said, he was still looking at me.

"No, go ahead" I began, "I don't care". I lied, it was bad for his health, but I'm pretty sure that was something he already knew.

"What's your name again?" Jacob asked as he took the top off his water bottle and took a sip.

"Chresanto".

"And you spell it just like how it sounds, right?"

I nodded, "yeah, but not with a K".

He looked at me for a minute before looking away. He blew out smoke, "what state were you born in?" He asked.

"Here in California".

I watched him hold the cigarette between his lips and write my answer down. "Um... Do you have any siblings?"

"Yeah, a sister, she's in college".

He tapped the ash from his cigarette. "Hold this for me" he said, I took the cigarette from him. He wrote down my answer and looked at me. He took the toxic stick back.

"When's your birthday?" He questioned.

"July 23".

He wrote it down, He rolled onto his side and looked at me for a long time, "why do you bother me during lunch? Other than the fact of you not wanting me to go hungry and shit".

I messed with my hands, "I told you already, I want to be your friend".

"We are in high school, why the hell do you want to be my fucking friend so bad?" He asked with a laugh. I thought his laugh was cute, it didn't match his personality at all though. His laugh was cheerful and bubbly, but his personality was the complete opposite.

"Because whenever I see you, you're always by yourself" I explained.

"How do you know that I enjoy being by myself?"