2.1

Jacob's P.O.V.

I sat quietly at the picnic table and fiddled with my fingers. I bit my lip nervously when I saw Chresanto approaching. He sat down across from me and I looked at him.

"Either I'm late, or you're early" he said.

"I'm early" I answered.

"Oh, okay. Are you okay?"

I nodded, "yeah".

"You said that the last time".

"No, I said "I'm fine" last time" I corrected.

He rolled his eyes,  "whatever, basically the same thing". I watched him as he pulled out his phone. "So do you want to ask questions first or do you want me to?"

"Are we dating?" I asked abruptly, I looked at him.

"Do you want to?"

I allowed my gaze to leave his, "I don't know" I muttered. "I guess we could give it a try or something". I felt his fingers underneath my chin and he made me look at him.

"Okay" he replied.

"Okay". He leaned across the table and pecked my forehead. I chuckled, "how do you think Alex and Finley are going to react when they hear?"

He laughed a little, "I haven't a clue".

"So, um... Wow, this is really happening" I murmured, "I'm pretty sure I said we weren't going to date".

"I'm pretty sure you did, too".

"Don't get smart, Chresanto" I replied. 

He laughed a little, "I'm not getting smart with you". 

"Sure, you aren't".

I looked at him, he smiled. "I'm surprised you're still not cold from yesterday, you were shaking so much" he stated.

I rolled my eyes, "shut up".

"I'm just saying".

"How were you not cold? It was freezing".

He shrugged a little, "I like the cold".

"Oh, God, I hate the cold" I stood up from the table and strolled over to the roundabout. Chresanto followed behind me. I sat down and so did he. "I guess this is just a chill day, considering we're not asking each other questions" I said as he began to slowly spin us.

"I suppose you're right". I looked at my hands and exhaled slowly, I was a bit cold, but nothing I couldn't really handle. "So since we're going out... Do you think you could tell me a bit more about yourself?" I looked at Chresanto after hearing his question. 

"I... Um... Sure, what do you want to know exactly?"

"I don't know, just tell me facts". 

"Okay" I said quietly, I played with my fingers, "um... I was really flexible when I was little, like I could do splits and all that good stuff, can't do it anymore though. My birthday's April 21st, not completely sure if I told you that already. One of my foster parents had a daughter and I thought she was cute, I didn't tell her though, because I mean... Come on, that'd be weird". 

He nodded, "right". 

"Chresanto, I don't know what to tell you, I'm not a very interesting person. Not a lot of good things have happened in my past years. I don't know what you want me to tell you". 

"Tell me why you don't eat at lunch, or ever" he said. 

"Huh?" 

"You heard me, Jacob".