3.0

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"Chresanto". I turned my head the slightest bit at the sound of my name. "Huh?" I asked. "What the hell are you thinking about?"

I shook my head a little, "nothing". I didn't dare tell them about yesterday. After Jacob's small attack, my mom came upstairs, wondering if everything was okay. Once she noticed Jacob's nervous and disheveled state she made him chamomile tea, which seemed to really help calm him down because he ended up taking a nap. I had to wake him when he began to whimper in his sleep, mumbling words such as 'stop' and 'please'. 

I watched Ray as he gave me a curious look before going back to eating his grapes. Elijah was casually reading a book and every so often would reach for one of his apple slices. I looked around for Jacob, wondering where he might be. I suddenly spotted him, he was in the lunch line? He was eating today?

A smile spread across my face once I saw him finally approaching me. When he got close enough I brought him onto my lap. "Hey" I greeted.

"Hi".

"Glad to see you're eating today" I murmured before kissing him, he kissed back and nodded a little. He looked at me, giving me a worried look. I furrowed my eyebrows, "what's wrong?" He shook his head, "nothing".

"You two go out?" I heard Elijah ask. I looked at him as Jacob slid from my lap and sat beside me. I nodded.

"I didn't tell you?" I questioned.

"Uh... Hell to the no" Ray answered, he ate a grape. "Since when?"

I looked at Jacob and saw him pouring ranch dressing on the salad he bought. He shrugged, "it's been a while" he said, looking at Ray.

"I thought you said you two weren't going to go out?" Elijah said, a bit of confusion in his voice.

Jacob shrugged again, "I don't know.... Things changed".

"Huh, okay".

"So how's this whole English project thing going?" Ray questioned.

I looked up from my sandwich, then at Jacob to find he was looking at me. "We've been off track the past few days" I answered. We hadn't asked one another questions in a while, which was bad because the project was due any day now, I believe.

"Like sex off track?"

"No, not like sex off track, Rayan" I stated. Jacob chuckled and Elijah shook his head.

"You're stupid" Elijah muttered.

"No, I'm not".

"The things I deal with" I muttered. I glanced at Jacob and saw he had an amused smile on his face. He looked down at his salad and sighed lightly.

I leaned over to him, "you don't have to eat it all" I said quietly.

He nodded a little but didn't say anything. I kissed his cheek, "okay".

>>*<<

"What's something you wish you could change?" Jacob asked. He was eating an apple, looking at it every so often.

"My first encounter with you" I answered casually. We were in a different location today, instead of the park or the coffee shop, we agreed to go down by the greenway. It was a nice place, there was a trail and lots of trees, and a bridge that would take you across a creek. I looked up at the sound of a car driving over the bridge. Jacob and I were currently sitting underneath it, he was perched on a big rock and I was carefully sitting on the good-sized pavement block that was attached to the base of the bridge.