0.9

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"Meet me at the coffee shop on Third street tomorrow at two" Jacob said as he sat on the picnic table, I looked at him. 

"And how do you know I'm not doing something tomorrow at two?" I asked curiously. He suddenly grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer to him, my eyes widened a bit and I looked at him. "Um" I managed to choke out. 

"Then meet me there at two-oh-one". His voice was deep and it sent chills down my spine as I looked him in the eye. I could see the small specks of dark brown in his light-golden brown eyes. His fingers rubbed the material of my collar. "Your shirt's soft". 

"Thanks" I said lightly, "why... Uh, why do you want me to meet you at the coffe shop on Third street at two tomorrow?" 

"Because I'm tired of meeting at the park, we need to see a different setting tomorrow" he answered, he let go of my shirt and smoothed it out before pushing himself back a bit. I was better now that he wasn't so close to me, he made me feel really nervous with him being so close. I wasn't uncomfortable or anything, I was actually a little happy that he seemed to want to be in my personal space. I guess I just find it as him kind of opening up towards me.

"Chresanto" Jacob spoke.

"Huh?" I asked. I didn't know I was deep in my thoughts until he said my name. I liked the way he said my name. The bass of his voice secretly making me wish he'd never stop saying my name. God, I think I like him. I shouldn't like him. I can't like him... But I think I do. 

"I asked you a question" he stated. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, repeat yourself, please". 

"Would you want to know the exact day of your death?"

"I actually don't know, am I allowed to say both yes and no?"

"I suppose, tell me why you chose the two".

"I say yes because then I can make sure that I've done everything that I've wanted to do, and I'll be able to tell my family and friends that I love them very much. I say no because I know the type of person I am, I'll be in constant worry and fear of the day that I die".

I watched him write down my answer, "that was a very nice answer, Chressy".

I felt sudden butterflies in my stomach when he said my new nickname. I looked at him, "thank you".

"Mhm" he hummed. He stuck out his tongue as he wrote more down. I watched the way his eyes squinted a bit as he concentrated on moving the pen across the paper. He glanced at me, "what?" He asked, he smiled a little. 

I shook my head, "nothing".

"Why're you looking at me like that?" 

"Like what?"

"Like that".

"Jacob, you make no sense sometimes".

"Did you ever think that I make sense, but you're just the one who doesn't understand?" He asked curiously, my face twisted into a small frown because that was a very good question that I wasn't prepared to leave his mouth. 

"I never thought about it like that" I said to him. 

"Mhm, well, what's the first thing you notice about a person?"

"Their eyes" I answered truthfully. 

"Twenty pigeons sat on the branches of a tree. A man shot one pigeon with his gun. How many are on the tree now?" Jacob suddenly asked. 

I chuckled, "what?"

"It's a brain teaser, just try and answer it, Chressy".

"Okay, well I would imagine there are now nineteen pigeons on the branches of the tree". 

"Nope".

"No?"

"There's none because they all flew away, because you know, the sound of the gun scared them away. Duh" he explained. 

"Oh, I get it now". 

He nodded a little and wrote something down, "can't answer brain teasers" he murmured as he wrote. 

"I can too, I just didn't get that one right" I said with a small laugh, he smiled. 

"What are some of your turn-ons?" He asked casually, I noticed the way he casually pulled a cigarette from his bag and lit it. He put his full attention on me. 

"Well, I... Um... They have to be cute, of course. Um... Tall, and great smile, and they have to be nice but also tough when they need to be. A sense of humor is something they must have. I don't know.... They gotta have a bit of... Of... Mystery to them, you know? Like, I want them to be honest and open, but then I want a challenge, like a puzzle. I have to work to figure out where the pieces of the puzzle go".

"Why do I feel like you lowkey described me?" He asked, and for the second time today, he pulled me close to him; to the point where I could smell the mint gum he was chewing and the foul odor of the smoke that was pouring from the cigarette. The butterflies came back and I looked at him, that's all I could really do at the moment. 

"I might have" I said, finally speaking. He smirked and somehow, I have absolutely no idea how, pulled me just a bit closer. The smirk he was giving me made me want to swoon.

"Do I turn you on, Chresanto?" He whispered. He gave me a serious look, but somewhere deep in his eyes, I could see a touch of amusement. 

"Maybe" I answered. I cleared my throat and wished for the damn butterflies to go away. 

"I can tell". His fingers traced my jawline and I tried to keep my breathing under control. "Don't... Don't you think w-we should, um, get back to... To the inte-" I stopped talking when I felt his lips press against my neck. "Holy shit" I cursed quietly. I've got to be dreaming. This is a dream. I'm going to wake up any minute now. The warmth of his lips on my neck made me feel like I was melting. "Jacob" I moaned. 

"Chresanto!" 

I blinked a couple of times and realized it was indeed a dream, a day dream that is. It wasn't real, it hadn't really happened. The part where he began to kiss my neck, at least. He actually did pull me closer to him and told me that he could tell he was turning me on, my brain had just imagined that last part. Damn.

"What?" I asked lightly. 

"You've been staring at me for the last ten minutes after I told you that I know I'm turning you on, what could you have possibly been thinking about?" Jacob asked curiously. He leaned back a bit and I pulled myself away from him. 

I shook my head a little and pulled out my phone, "nothing" I murmured. I realized I got a text from Elijah and Ray.

Elijah: How's the interview going? You two still flirting?

Ray: Interview at the park? Again? At the rate you're going, you two are gonna be fucking in the bathroom... (that's sarcasm btw).

I shook my head again and began to respond to the both of them, but then... My phone wasn't in my hand anymore. 

"Sorry to snatch, but I gotta see something" Jacob muttered as he looked at my phone, I watched him curiously as he tapped away at my phone. He smiled a little before giving my phone back. "I must be going now, but I'll see you tomorrow at the coffee shop". He hopped off the table, "oh, and don't think that just because you now have my number, that we're friends".
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for any mistakes.
Love,
Me.