Settle

Amelia's pov-
   The room was big, with a window to the left with a brown desk and chair next to it, a white bed in the middle and olk-wooden wardrobe to the right. It had space for at least 10 people in here. Cream colored  curtains blocked the last rays of sun. A door was next to the bed, walking in I saw the bathroom. Stripping out of my clothes, I took a shower, the water just the right temperature to relax me. Damn, am I really going to have to work here?

   "Ahme, Prince Kouen has requested you to join him for dinner." I hear someone call from outside. I quickly got out and changed into some comfortable clothes and make my way outside to see a maid waiting.

   "Uh, I'm ready." I answer, she just turns and leads me, her face red for some reason. "Are you ok, miss?" I ask.

   "Y..yes, I'm Lily, sir." She spoke shyly.

   "Please, call me Ahme. I'll be in your care from now on." I smile. I mean I'd get lost without you, it's better to be in your care. We reach a hall, with beautiful olk engraved chairs and a table that stretched in the middle. White pillars held the sky-like ceiling as a chandelier hung in the middle. Paintings that cost more than maybe my years worth of pay decorated the burgundy walls.

   "Your excellency, how nice of you to ask me to join you." I bitterly say, sitting down next to him, he sat to the end.

   "Yes, you'll officially start duties tomorrow, for now enjoy dinner." He said, eyeing me as I took a bit. Wow, this is delicious! That's the palace cooks for you. "Do you like it?" He smirks already knowing the answer.

   "I.." I was going to say but someone came in.

   "Oh, Ahme, nice of you to join us for dinner." Prince Koumei smiled, sitting opposite me.

   "I thought you would be busy tonight." Kouen states, not looking away from his food.

   "I was, but I thought it'll be better for us to eat together." Koumei said as the maid placed his food in front of him.

   "Yes, it's way better with you here, Prince Koumei." I smile. Dinner went fast with Koumei and I talking and Kouen silently eat.

Next day-
   I got up to knocking on my door. Why?!! I choose to ignore it.

   "Ahme, get up." I hear someone whisper next to my ear.

   "Shup dupp.." I mumbled out, turning away. I feel a hand on my face, making me turn stiff, snapping my eyes open to see Kouen sitting on my bed, slightly leaning towards me.

   "Get up and dressed, I'll see you in my office." He says, leaving and shutting the door. I can't believe he was in my room! Why did I think he looked really hot?! No, no way, I must still be asleep.

Time skip to Prince Kouen's office-
   "Uh, hey." I greet halfheartedly.

   "Start with these papers. Sit here." He says, pointing next to him. Why must I sit next to him? I silently take a seat and go straight into the work.

Skip of an hour- in silence-
   'Grrrr!' My belly calls for dare life and next to me I hear Kouen chuckle.

   "H..hey! Don't laugh!" I shout, feeling embarrassed.

   "Let's take a break." He smiles so slightly I wasn't sure if it was there. Soon, Lily comes in with food and we eat, me mostly shoving it in my mouth. "It's not going anywhere." Kouen chuckles again.

   "I'm just hungry ok? I didn't eat this morning, you made me come so early." I whine.

   "Hmm, you were sleeping soundly. I'll have to wake you up from now on." He says, eating elegantly.

   "No way, don't do that again!" I say, feeling shy. The day went on with us drowned in paper work and bickers from me and smart replies from his excellency. Things aren't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Soooooo..... what do you think? Do you want to know what Kouen was thinking? Vote, comment and follow. Anybody on tiktok? That thing's addictive 🤣💜💜