A name

At the age of 16, Amelia became the talk of the streets. She was a total mystery who could play the zither like an angel. No one knew what her face looked like but many men came to the prostitution house to listen to the beautiful string instrument even if they could not touch her, she made an impact on many.

   "You're as popular as always." Jack said, helping out with dinner. He was the son of the old lady, only 24 but had a childish attitude.

   "Shut up, you know it isn't exactly me that's popular." Amelia answered, cutting up vegetables, not even raising her emerald green eyes to look at the tall black haired man next to her. Her honey brown hair up into a bun showing her fair skin and features that might be called average. Her long eyelashes cast a shadow over her round cheeks as her pink, plum lips opened to speak.
"Still, it's nice playing my mother's song." She smiled as the older male watched her. Her mother died but she always smiled while talking about her and he respected that about her.

   "Yes, the song is nice but you should play something you've come up with. I'm sure many will like it if not all." Jack said, patting her head. They had known each other since she was a baby although he only visited his mother monthly they got along well.

   "Wa..what are you talking about?" Amelia pretended to not know as she put the vegetables into the pot, stirring it until a golden color. "Put in the rice now." She said as he grabbed the rice and poured it into the pot.

   "Fine, pretend I did not hear the amazing song you wrote." He answered as she ignored him and stirred the pot, mixing the rice and other ingredients together. He walked out of the kitchen to notify the women that dinner was finished. Dinner was eventful like always, with the women gossiping about the men and teasing her about being a great wife.

   "Geez, you just want me to cook your favorite." Amelia grumbled as Jack chucked.

   "Aww, come on. I'd definitely take ya' as my wife." Jessy said, sending a kiss over the table as the others laughed.

   "Hey, she's mine, right Amelia." Hilda smirked, grabbing my hand.

   "Now now, we all know I'm her favourite." Jack winked and Amelia fake gaged, making the table erupt in laughter. Jessy had been close to her mother and was like a sister to her, same with Hilda although they were a wild bunch, she loved them dearly.

   "Alright get back to work everyone." Old lady said getting up from her seat as the women followed her out, leaving Jack and Amelia to clean up.

   "You're going back tomorrow right?" Amelia asked washing the dishes as Jack dried them.

   "Yeah, prince Koumei is awaiting my arrival. He really works me to the bone." Jack whined.

   "Stop lying, you're just lazy." Amelia answered as he laughed.

   "You know me so well." He replied. When they finished they walked out back, through the trees as they sparred with each other. An hour later, they were both flat out on the grass, panting with little bruises.

   "I totally beat you." She panted out.

   "Came close but not close enough." He smirked, getting up and helping her up as they head back in.

I know Kouen hasn't appeared yet but I just want the character to be solid you know? Anyway hope you enjoy.

Twitter- @RaRaMonster1

Other profile on wattpad- @user67478479