forty two

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER FORTY TWO:
AND I THOUGHT YOU
WERE DRAMATIC

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

DONNA DROVE DOWN the street with dawn next to her, kory and rachel in the back seat. "look, i don't know what we're going up against but i can guarantee it won't be pretty." donna spoke up.

"we're going up against our friends." dawn said.

"who may not be our friends anymore." kory added.

"i won't hurt gar. i don't care what they've done to him. i just... won't." rachel said.

donna sighed softly, "if they're hurting innocent people, we need to be prepared—" a grenade was launched and exploded in front of their car, stopping them and shattering the windows.

"deathstroke!" donna yelled, "get down!!" everyone ducked down for cover as slade shot at them.

"i'll draw his fire." kory said, "you guys hit him with all you got."

"kory, no!" rachel yelled.

kory opened the car door and attempted to fire at him but got shot in the arm in the process. kory winced and got back into the car.

"what happened?!" dawn asked. rachel looked at kory's bleeding arm.

a knife flew through the air and knocked the assault rifle out of slade's hands. a foot kicked slade in the face and knocked his weapon out of his hands.

slade recovered from the sudden blow and looked at octavia, fully geared up in her new black suit with two dark purple stripes that ran down her side to her legs and down her arms, standing in front of the car.

dick, geared up in his new black suit with a dark blue bird logo and dark blue stripes down his arms, jumped down on the roof of the car.

slade tilted his head at the sight of both of the grayson siblings in new superhero suits, "you both should've stayed home." slade said.

slade took out his hand gun, before he could do anything with it, dick kicked it out of his hands. dick punched slade across the face and kicked slade back.

"what the fuck?" dawn asked.

"dick?" donna asked. "octavia?" rachel asked.

"who's hit?" octavia asked, turning around to the car.

"kory." rachel replied.

"take care of her. dick and i will take care of him." octavia said.

"this is our fight." dick spoke up.