forty one

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER FORTY ONE:
THAT'S FUCKING GREAT

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

DICK AND OCTAVIA DROVE down to stu's handmade shoes. dick and octavia both got out of the car.

"you really think he's gonna make you a new suit after you burned his last one?" octavia asked and they walked up to the store.

"i'm sure he's forgotten." dick said opening the door.

dick and octavia walked over to stu who was working on a new shoe. "hey, stu. how you been?" dick asked.

"i uh... need a new pair of shoes." dick said.

"sorry, i don't make those anymore." stu replied. "not even for your favorite costumer?" octavia asked, leaning on the counter, her elbows supporting her weight.

"aah, miss grayson. never a dull moment with you." stu said, booping her on the nose.

"look, we don't have a lot of time..." dick said.

"i'm in the fruit cake trade now. just haven't had time to change the signs." stu said.

"okay... i need a new fruit cake." dick said.

"the lining of the fruit cake i will never understand." stu replied. stu reached down and took out a fruit cake.

"i'm sorry." dick said.

"don't be sorry. have a slice." stu replied.

"it wasn't personal." dick added.

"fruit cake is my life. my passion. i mean, if you don't like my work—"

"i love your work!" dick exclaimed, "that's why i'm back."

"would you to put a match to this before you have a slice?" stu asked causing octavia to snort. dick glared at her as octavia laughed softly.

"told you he didn't forget." octavia whispered.

dick awkwardly scratched the back of his head. stu turned and grabbed a lighter. he lit the fruit cake on fire.

"there! that's how dick likes his fruit cake!" stu yelled, obviously still upset that dick burned his robin suit.

octavia smiled and looked at dick, "that's how you like your fruit cake." she said with a smile.

"i need your help, stu." dick said, "i—"

"we." octavia corrected. dick sighed heavily, "we need new ones."

"something different." octavia added.

"master wayne said you'd both be coming." stu said. "of course he did." octavia and dick said softly in unison.