twenty eight

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT:
STAY AWAY FROM MY SON

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

JERICHO WAS BACK AT his place and packing his bags. he put his backpack on and put another bag over his shoulders.

jericho walked out of his room. "wait stop." adeline said, "whoever these friends are, if they're mixed up with your father, they can't be trusted."

"i do trust them. more than you." jericho signed back, "they had the guts to tell me you were lying. they said dad killed people for money. he killed their friend. you convinced me he was a hero."

"i lied to you..." jericho took a step back, "because i knew how much you idolized him and i know how much you love him. i didn't want to take that away from you!"

jericho started signing again, "i.... don't love him." jericho took off his cuff and threw it on the ground, "if you ever see him... tell him he's the one who needs protection."

jericho walked past adeline, "where are you going?!" she asked.

"to stop him." jericho replied.

"nobody... stops your father. if that's what your friends told you, they're not your friends."

jericho turned around and grabbed his box of things. "no! jericho! please!" jericho slammed the door behind him.

——

adeline sat next to slade on a park bench. "he knows about you. what you did. what you've become. and now he's moved out to live with some people. i think they know about you too. they're the ones that told him."

"i think i know who they are."

"then fix it." slade looked at adeline, "you destroyed our lives. when you left, we had to patch our life back together. jericho and i. however we could. we had to start from nothing."

"and we were happy. but that wasn't enough for you. you had to come back and hurt us more."

"what do you want me to do?"

"i want my son back."

slade sighed. "and i want you to go away so you never hurt us again. i need you to promise me you would do that."

"i understand." slade replied.

"i never told him the truth. because a son needs to believe certain things about his father in order to become a man himself. i preserved in him what he needed to believe about you."

"thank you."

"i didn't do it for you. you don't deserve it." she reached in her bag and put the cuff on the bench.