eight

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER EIGHT:
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

          → DICK, IN HIS robin suit, walking down the short stair case into the abandoned warehouse. he saw clay hanging from the higher platform with a pipe with acid above him.

dick took a few steps closer and nick zucco turned the nob a little further, causing a drop of acid to fall from the pipe.

"that's close enough, robin." nick said. dick looked up at him.

dick looked down at clay, "i'm the one you're looking for, let clay go." dick said.

"dickie?" clay asked.

"where's your sister?" nick asked.

dick paused, remembering octavia's exact words. "you're on your own now." dick looked up at nick, "she's not coming." dick answered.

"you're gonna be okay, clay." dick reassured him.

"no, he isn't. he's going to die. and so are you." nick replied.

"you should thank me, death is much better."

"what happened to you?" dick asked.

"you did. the feds told me what happened. robin highjacked my fathers transport and offered him up the maroonies. after your little meltdown in the feds office, it wasn't hard to link you to robin."

"i didn't know the maroonies were gonna be there." dick replied.

"no... you wanted to do the honors. either way, it seems i have you to thank for what followed. it seems your little act of revenge had consequences. my father was killed... the deal was off, no more federal protection. so, the maroonies came after my mother. and my sister. and my fiancé." nick said, "they all melted. they tried to melt me too."

"so you tried to even the score by melting my family. that make you feel better? that your fucking plan worked?" dick asked.

nick slowly removed his mask to reveal to dick a half melted face, "beyond my wildest dreams."

clay looked up at nick and back at dick. "when the acid strikes your skin, it doesn't burn. it's much worse. it's like insects. eating away at your flesh. burrowing inside of you. i can still feel them, crawling all over you." nick said.