twelve

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER TWELVE:
ALL WE NEED IS A SPARK

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

          → DICK HELPED OCTAVIA sit up, "you okay?" he asked her.

octavia nodded. dick helped her stand up, her knee bucked under her and dick threw his arms out to catch her.

"octavia." dick said.

"no. no. i'm fine." octavia said, standing back up. "octavia.." dick repeated softly.

"i said i'm fine!" octavia snapped. octavia cleared her throat, shaking her head, "sorry..."

"don't be. come on, we have to move." dick said, putting his arm around her. rachel opened the door to help dick and octavia through the door. gar and angela followed behind them.

octavia sighed softly, resting her head against dick's shoulder. "thank you." she said softly.

"of course." dick replied.

——

the two doctors working on kory checked the scar running against her stomach that they gave her. "she heals so quickly." the female one commented.

"she must be capable of limited regeneration." the male replied.

"let's find out just how limited. amputate her finger from her left hand." the female said.

the male turned around and grabbed the laser cutter. dick pushed open the door causing the female to gasp.

"keep your eye on the door." dick said.

gar was not doting octavia, he nodded at dick. "sound the alarm!" the male said.

the female pushed the button, causing the alarm to go off, as dick grabbed her and pushed her on the ground.

dick grabbed the other one of choked him out. throwing him on the ground, his light head set came off and dick stepped on his chin, snapping his neck.

octavia broke off from gar, "hey."

"i'm fine." octavia replied, "come on, let's help kory."

gar and octavia worked on her restraints around her ankles as rachel ran to her. dick walked up next to her, "kory."

dick and rachel undid her wrist restraints. "what should we do?" rachel asked.

"they intubated her." gar said, walking up to the tubes coming out of kory's mouth. "i know how to take it out, this is gonna hurt okay?" gar told kory.

kory nodded. gar took out the two tubes from her mouth and grabbed the tube down her throat. "you ready?" gar asked and kory nodded.

"hey, look at me." rachel said. gar vegan pulled the tube out from her throat. kory shot up as gar got the entire tube out.

"kory, just relax. the spasms will stop if you just relax." gar said.

"i am relaxed!" kory said.

"you alright?" dick asked her. "i'm fucked up." kory replied. dick helped her off of table and then the group left the room.

——

walking down the tunnels, kory spoke, "come on, we can get through there. hurry." angela was in front holding a flashlight, dick and octavia were beside each other, rachel, gar, and kory were in the back.

they stopped once two guards approached them. "you need to stay where you are." one ordered them.

rachel took a few steps forward.

"i got this." dick said.

"oh no, boy wonder." octavia said, grabbing his wrist, "you aren't fighting without me."

dick and octavia both looked at the walls and pulled off pipes from the walls.

"you sure about this?" dick asked.

"i'm fucking pissed."

"great to hear it."

octavia and dick shared one more glance before attacking the group of guards. dick swung at one, hitting his leg.

octavia swung at the other one, hitting him across the jaw, breaking his neck, blood splattering on the wall. angela winced, looking away.

octavia grabbed another's wrist, turning it, snapping it. the guard screamed as octavia kicked another guard coming at her back. octavia spun the pipe around in her hand and stabbed the guard she was holding in the eye.

octavia jerked the pipe out of his eye, pushing him down in the ground. octavia turned around and a guard punched her in the jaw.

dick grabbed the guards shoulder, turning him around and punching him, knocking him out.

octavia and dick turned to the other guards and went through them easily. a guard came at octavia with a shock stick, octavia screamed as the electricity coursed through her.

octavia grabbed the back of the guards neck and pulled him down, head butting him. she dropped the guards unconscious body to the ground.

octavia and dick looked at each other after they were done. "get out of here." dick told the group. rachel, kory, gar, and angela cautiously stepped through the guards. those who weren't dead were groaning in pain.

"wait." dick said stopping kory, "listen." the three of them looked down at the leaking gas pipe.

"you got enough?" dick asked kory, "all we need is a spark."

"we doing this?" kory asked. octavia looked at her brother who was looking down at a puddle of water. dick dropped the bloody pipe into the puddle.

octavia followed, throwing her weapon to the side. dick looked at kory and nodded.

"alright then." kory replied.

"come on, o." dick said, walking away. octavia turned and followed dick out of the asylum.

outside, gar, rachel, and angela were walking form the tunnels when the building went up in flames. angela and rachel shouted in surprise.

kory walked out from the flames and down the steps. she walked over to them and turned around, watching the asylum go up in flames.