nine

┌─── · 。゚☆: *

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CHAPTER NINE:
HE KNOWS WHAT YOU
CAN DO

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

BACK AT TITANS TOWER, dawn help hank out of the elevator as he limped in his injured leg. donna rushed out of the elevator, "i'll get some gauze from the infirmary." donna said to dawn and hank.

hank was in the middle of dawn and octavia as they helped him walk. hank stopped as did dawn and octavia.

"you have a chance." hank said.

"he would've killed everyone on the bus." dick said.

"and how many is he gonna kill now?" hank asked.

"i'll get him."

"maybe you lost the taste for how this works."

"we'll get another shot."

"the old robin would've taken the first one." dawn put her hand in his chest, "hank. that's enough."

dawn put her arm around him, "come on." dick looked over at octavia, she made eye contact with him and then looked down and looked away.

dick sighed softly as gar, rachel, and jason entered the room. "where's dr. light?" jason asked, gar and rachel trailing behind him.

"jason." rachel warned. dick turned around to face the teens.

"a little stealth job would've gotten your shoes wet. headlamps? i mean.. half the cities on fire and there's still no sign of dr. light." jason continued.

"not the time, jason." dick said.

"look, i don't take orders from you anymore, man." jason said, stepping up to dick.

"i do what i want. when i want." jason said. dick tried to walk away but jason stopped him.

"get out of my way."

"i think you got it all wrong... you're in my way." jason said, "maybe you need to see a retirement package, huh?"

jason looked back at rachel and gar. he closed his fist and looked at octavia. "don't." octavia mouthed.

"don't." dick warned.

jason went for an attack. in one swift movement, dick moved out of the way, grabbing the back of his neck, he pushed him down on the ground.

octavia looked away. gar scratched the back of his head. "shit..." dick said softly, "here." he held out his hand to jason.

jason slapped it away and stood up. jason walked past dick. octavia looked down as he passed her.