Chapter 7- Relocation?

Now, I wish I could say that I take credit for this drama that's about to unfold, but I don't. Well, I wrote it and made it my own, but for the general idea, I was actually inspired by Black Raider's story Thirteen in the FFN collection Psyche Stories, which I highly recommend. I just felt like the idea would work really well in this story.

Chapter 7: Relocation?

As Fudge was unaware of her abandonment, her family planned to keep it that way for as long as possible. She was just so young, happy and innocent. But one day, a cold, day in the December in which she was only five years old, all of that changed...

"Hi, everyone!" she greeted the others as she skipped happily over to Flo's V8 Café as she did every single morning.

The cars all glanced up from their morning oil. "Hi, Fudge!" they returned her greeting warmly.

"Here you go, honey!" Flo added, giving her some cereal and juice.

"Grazie!" Fudge replied, tucking into her breakfast.

"So, what are your plans for today, Miss Fudge?" Sally wanted to know.

"Playing!" the child announced with a big smile on her face. "It's cold today. Do you think it's gonna snow?"

The others smiled.

"Not today, kiddo", Sheriff informed her ruefully. "Maybe later in the month."

"How long until Christmas? How many days?"

"Christmas ain't for nearly another month", Doc replied.

"But you should start thinking about what you want", Luigi added, kissing his daughter.

Though, Luigi was actually nervous as he and the others always were around Christmas and Fudge's birthday. What if she wanted something really expensive? The townsfolk weren't exactly poor, but with a lack of business in their town, they couldn't afford really expensive things either. Even though they didn't have much, Fudge was very happy.

It was one of the many reasons why they worried about her living in Radiator Springs. There was also the fact that her social interactions were very limited and didn't include any of her own species. Sometimes, they wondered (and worried) if she would be better off living somewhere else, but they were far too attached to let her go now.

Besides, when they saw that big, beautiful smile on her face, they knew that they must be doing something right.

"You can't get me, you can't get me!" Fudge taunted her car family as she leapt up and started to run around, trying to get away from them all.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that if I were you!" Sarge informed her with a grin as he and the others all began to chase after her.

"Can't catch me!" she hollered, tearing down Main Street. "Can't catch Fudgie!"

"Is that what you think, Fudgie?" Luigi asked her teasingly as he chased her (going easy on her, of course, because she was only a little human girl, who couldn't go as fast as her car family).

She nodded completely seriously. "Yep."

"Not if we can help it!" Sheriff replied.

For ten minutes, Fudge ran away and dodged through her family to avoid them grabbing her. Everyone was laughing like crazy, especially Fudge herself. However, it didn't take long after that ten minute mark for her to slow down. She was clearly out of breath. So, she had another idea.

"Close your eyes and count to a hundred!" the five-year-old ordered the others.

They all smiled and obeyed.