Chapter 23- Radiator Springs Race Team

"Life is a highway!" everyone sang as they made their way down the long and winding roads, all in competition with the sound of Sheriff's sirens (he was giving them the police escort he'd offered Lightning). "And I wanna ride it all night long! If you're going my way, I wanna drive it all night long!"

"Are we nearly there?" Fudge wanted to know from her spot in Mater's truck bed, interrupting the song.

"We still got a couple more hours, kiddo", Sheriff replied.

"A couple more hours?!" she whined.

"Come on, soldier", Sarge piped up. "You're the one who wanted to travel to places like India and Russia and Australia. How are you gonna do that if you can't handle driving from Radiator Springs to Los Angeles?"

"She might be able to when she's older, man", Fillmore reasoned. "She's only five."

"Almost six!" Fudge reminded him. Then her mood dropped a little bit. She didn't want her sixth birthday to ever come.

"Well, Fudgie", Luigi piped up, sensing her mood, "why don't you draw some pictures of what you can see on your first road trip?" She had packed some paper and crayons in her backpack. "And when we get there, you can watch a good race. But not as good as the Ferrari races", he added with a smile.

Fudge lit up. "Okay!"

At long last, they arrived at the Los Angeles International Speedway. By then, the race was close to starting and there was a massive crowd. There was no way they were gonna get through in time! How were they gonna get to the pits? Things got tougher than they thought when, right as they were about to enter the pits through Entrance A113, security guards approached them.

"Hey!" one of them called out to the RS gang. "No admittance without a garage pass!"

Doc rolled forward. "It's all right! They're with me!"

The security guard gasped and his eyes widened. He was speechless!

"Oh! M- my apologies!" he sputtered once he seemed to have recovered from the shock a little bit, moving aside to allow them all through. "Yes! O- of course! G- go right ahead!"

The cars and human from Radiator Springs thanked him and went through.

The place was so overwhelming, especially for Fudge. As a little girl from a small town, who had never seen so many people before (there were even more than there had been in Radiator Springs when Lightning was found), she found it extremely overwhelming. Not only that, but with the amount of cars coming through, it was hard for her to stick with the others. She had jumped out of Mater's truck bed upon their arrival and was now thinking that that was a mistake.

"Hey! Move it, kid!" a green pitty for the green race car, Chick Hicks, barked at Fudge as he barged past her.

Fudge had no choice but to wait for him to get past. Then three more went past. And they were followed by a bunch of reporters. By the time they'd all gotten past, the RS gang had disappeared from Fudge's view.

She glanced around nervously, not recognising anybody she saw. Where did they go? Where were the pits? Fudge didn't know. She remembered something Luigi had told her once. If she was ever lost, she should stay in the one spot till someone found her. So, that's what she did. Someone would find her. But when nobody did after five minutes, Fudge started to cry.

Meanwhile, the others were all busy getting the pits sorted. Lightning was still in his trailer and the only crew he thought he had was Mack. Boy, would he be surprised when he left the trailer. Doc and Sarge were quick to take charge. Doc because he had the most amount of experience of all of them and Sarge because he was just a natural leader.