Chapter 1- Unexpected Joy (Part 1)

Hi, guys! I have made some changes to the stories, some big, some small. So, I decided to update the versions on Wattpad.

I've got a couple of Easter eggs to look for in each story too:

1. A113 (any Pixar fan would know what that is!)

2. The official release date of the movie I am writing about

3. The date I saw the movie I am writing about at the movies

Anyway, I'm gonna start off with a couple of chapters explaining my OC's backstory.

Just a warning: My OC's mother is pretty awful to her at the start. My reason for this was so that Radiator Springs would seem like the better choice, if that makes sense. I mean, if Fudge's parents had died under tragic circumstances, she'd be upset about that and not happy about her adoption. I want her to be happy to be adopted and live in Radiator Springs. Does that make sense? I hope so. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Okay. Explanation's done. Please enjoy.

Life Could Be a Dream

Chapter 1: Unexpected Joy (Part 1)

Friday June 16th 2000

The scorching Arizona sun beat down on two small vehicles as they headed down the long, winding road. To most people, it would seem as though there was nothing down that road. The vast, dry desert seemed to stretch on forever with even very little vegetation. However, these two vehicles knew differently. There was something down that road, a whole town, in fact. And that was exactly where they were going: Radiator Springs, Arizona.

Radiator Springs had a population of only eleven. It was a completely forgotten part of the world after the Interstate was built and wiped the town off the map entirely. In a panic, most of the residents chose to move out. However, not these eleven. They stayed out of loyalty to the town and to each other. They learned to live with less and focus on what was really important: family. Not one of the eleven residents was related to any of the others biologically, but they had all become far too close in recent years and tough times to consider each other friends. The care they held for one another always came out on top of whatever arguments they had, no matter how ugly. They really were a family.

Two of these members of the close-knit family were yellow 1959 Fiat 500 Luigi Topolino and his best friend, blue forklift Guido Rossi. Even though everyone in Radiator Springs was pretty close, these two were absolutely inseparable. So, when Luigi wanted to head into Couperville, the nearest town over (which was still a two and a half hour drive) to pick up some groceries, of course Guido decided to go with him. Now, as they were heading back into town, all they could think about was a can of nice, cold oil from Flo's V8 Café.

However, they never got to Flo's. They were distracted by what sounded like someone groaning and grunting in pain.

"Did you hear that?" Luigi whispered to Guido.

Guido just nodded. He tended to be a lot quieter than his friend. That was partly because when the two of them moved to America from Italy, Luigi was a lot more confident speaking English. It was also because Luigi tended to talk a lot anyway. Guido could barely get a word in.

The two drove further down the road, only to find two strangers behind the Radiator Springs billboard. One was a navy blue pickup truck. The other was a young human girl; still a teenager, they guessed. She was quite pretty with brown hair with blonde highlights and these interesting green-grey eyes that kind of looked like a stormy sea. However, her features were scrunched up in sheer agony.