Chapter 26- Return to Radiator Springs

"Where are we going?" Fudge quizzed the others.

"You'll see when we get there!" Lightning told her for the hundredth time.

Fudge remained silent, but couldn't help but wonder where she was being taken.

It was the day after the tiebreaker race and the RS gang had informed Sally, Red and Lizzie that they would be a day later than they expected coming home because Lightning said he had a surprise for Fudge, which had them take her to a mystery location.

"Here we are!" Luigi announced ten minutes later, prompting Fudge to gasp.

"DISNEYLAND!" she squealed.

"That's right!" Lightning confirmed. "We're gonna spend the whole day here!"

"Oh, my gosh! Thank you!" Fudge exclaimed, hugging Lightning. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!"

The race car smiled. "No problem. Now, let's have some fun, all right?"

"Yeah!" Fudge cheered.

And that they did. It truly was a great day of fun and laughter. Fudge went on lots of rides with Mater, Lightning and Ramone (none of the others really liked theme park rides, though Luigi and Guido joined her on some).

"THIS IS AWESOME!" Fudge screamed every time she went on a new ride.

They also went shopping for souvenirs, watched parades and other shows, ate ice cream and Fudge had lots of photos of her taken with all of the Disney characters. Yep. Definitely a day that Fudge would never ever forget.

By the end of the day, when they returned to the hotel, Fudge was fast asleep in Guido's arms. She had a balloon tied around her wrist and was wearing Mickey Mouse ears that she'd gotten that day with FUDGE written on them. She'd also gotten a notebook and pen as well as some toys and a new T-shirt, all of which were in a bag Luigi was carrying. Lightning smiled at the sight of her, sleeping peacefully (he'd never seen her asleep before and thought she looked so cute in that state). She'd been exhausted, but he took that as a sign that she'd had a good day and was happy with that fact.

And that was only one of the many surprises Lightning had in store for the town of Radiator Springs. There were plenty more to come. Like the favour he had asked of Tex after the race...

"Whoo-hoo!" a certain tow truck hollered with glee somewhere above the town of Radiator Springs. "Hey! Look at me! I'm flyin'! By golly!"

"You mean we're flying!" a certain five-year-old human girl chimed in from his side, sounding just as excited.

Yes. Lightning had kept his promise. When talking to Tex, he mentioned how Mater and Fudge had wanted a helicopter ride and Tex assured him that it was no trouble at all. And when they gave the news to Mater and Fudge... Boy! You would've thought they'd died and gone to heaven.

Lightning had rolled back over to the RS gang with Tex following. The former called out, "Hey, Mater! Fudge!" The two perked up at the sound of their names. "How'd you two like a ride in a helicopter?!"

Immediately, two pairs of eyes widened and two jaws dropped.

"Dad-gum! Would we?!" Mater had shrieked.

"Reallyreallyreally?!" Fudge had squealed, bouncing up and down.

"Sure", Lightning answered. "I did promise you, after all. And I got another surprise for you tomorrow." (That was Disneyland.)

"We got a Dinoco helicopter right here", Tex informed them, gesturing to it nearby. "And you're more than welcome to take it out."

"Papà! Babbo!" Fudge cried excitedly. "Did you hear that?! I'm gonna get a ride in a helicopter! I'm gonna get a ride in a helicopter!" She hugged Lightning fiercely. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"