Chapter 9- The Terrible Truth

Just a fair warning. This is a very sad chapter, but I still feel like it should've been included in this story.

Chapter 9- The Terrible Truth

Luigi and Guido both cried all the way back to Radiator Springs. The others all tried to comfort them, but it was no use. Their daughter was being taken away from them!

"We will never see her again!" Luigi sobbed. "And she may not remember us!"

"What makes you say that?" Doc wondered.

"How much can you remember from when you were six years old?" Luigi shot back.

The others didn't reply. He had a point.

"Must be hard on her", Sarge commented.

Luigi nodded. "And that is why I am worried."

"Fudge will remember you!" Doc promised. He tried to speak logically, but at the same time, try and make them feel better. "Maybe not well, but you boys have had a huge impact on her life. She's not gonna forget about you that easy."

"I think not remembering us well makes it even worse!" Luigi wept. "She may remember that we loved her and took good care of her. And she will know she is not with us anymore... What if she thinks Guido and I abandoned her too?"

That was the last thing any of them ever said on that journey home. That thought was too terrifying.

"Papà! Babbo!" Fudge ran towards them, bawling her eyes out.

"Fudgie!" the two Italians cried at the same time.

The three hugged as Mary Wilcox and Kevin Fairchild appeared.

"Amanda Jacobson has informed us of her decision and we have told Brittney", Mary explained.

"Who's Brittney?" Fudge wanted to know since Mary had refused to answer the question when she was asked.

"You are", Luigi replied.

Fudge gave him a puzzled look. "What?"

Mary shot a look from Fudge to Guido and Luigi. "She doesn't even know her own name."

"My name's Fudge!" the child argued.

"Your real name is Brittney", Luigi explained.

"We just call you Fudge", Sally added.

Poor Fudge was very confused. She always thought that her name was really Fudge.

"We are leaving now", Mary continued, "but we will be back for Brittney on her sixth birthday and this time, she will be coming with us."

"You can't make me leave!" Fudge screamed at the top of her lungs. She started jumping up and down. "YOU CAN'T MAKE ME, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"

"I most certainly can and I will!" Mary countered, sounding rather haughty about it.

With that, they rolled down the main road of the town, past the Radiator Springs sign and they were gone. Now, the entire town was gathered at Flo's, listening to Fudge and her fathers all sobbing. Nobody knew what to say or do.

"Why do they wanna take me away?" Fudge questioned fearfully, tears pouring down her cheeks.

"Fudgie!" Luigi exclaimed sympathetically. He held the five-year-old close to him, nuzzling her gently. "They think you deserve a better life than this!"

"But I'm happy here!" Fudge protested. She didn't understand what he meant. She had been kept innocent to the town's problems. (They had all agreed that it was better that way.)