Chapter 8- Fight for Fudge

Just a warning: In this chapter, she stoops really low to try and get Fudge to leave town and it's probably something you're all gonna hate me for, but... Nonetheless, I decided to write it in.

I know it's sad that Fudge is faced with leaving Radiator Springs. Still, I feel like this is a good element to the story of Lightning McQueen's arrival.

Anyway, I'll let you read the chapter. I would say I hope you enjoy it, but when you find out what's in store, I'm not sure if that's gonna happen.

Chapter 8: Fight for Fudge

It took a long time, but Guido and Luigi were finally able to calm Fudge down. They got her glasses of water, sang to her and held her close to them, reassuring her that everything was going to be okay. However, she wasn't convinced (and neither were they, for that matter), but soon, exhaustion took over her and she fell asleep. Guido and Luigi couldn't move from her side when she was asleep. They knew things looked bad and if she was taken away, they wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. Both of them ended up falling asleep over their daughter's bed.

"What happened?" Sally questioned upon their arrival at Flo's in the morning.

Luigi sighed. "Mater?" he began. "Why don't you and Fudge go and play for a little while?"

"Okay!" Mater agreed happily. "C'mon, Fudge!"

"But no tractor tippin'!" Sheriff and Doc ordered in unison. Fudge had no idea what tractor tipping was and the residents planned to keep it that way for as long as possible.

"Gotcha!" Mater agreed as he and Fudge ran off.

"Let's play by the waterfall!" Fudge suggested. There was a waterfall not too far out of town up in the direction of the Wheel Well where Fudge liked to swim (in fact, that was where she learned to swim), splash her family, admire the view and play.

"So, what did the social workers say?" Sarge wanted to know.

Luigi sighed again and recounted the whole story of the night before.

"What?!" everyone exclaimed. "They wanna take her away?! They can't do that!"

"Well, they are doing it", Luigi confirmed, tears forming in his eyes. "They want to send her to an orphanage in Wisconsin."

"Wisconsin?!" Sarge repeated.

"That's miles away!" Ramone protested. "We'll never see her again!"

"I know!" Luigi started crying, which set off Guido. "We do not want our daughter to move all the way to Wisconsin! And we do not want her to go into an orphanage! She is our daughter! She does not belong there!"

"We know, we know", Doc assured them.

"And Fudge heard them talking about this?!" Sheriff asked.

Luigi nodded. "Yes. She did. She got very upset. She did not understand everything, but she knows they want to take her away."

"Poor kid", Sheriff remarked.

"I know. Guido and I had to spend most of the night calming her down. That was very hard when we... we don't know what is going to happen to her!" Luigi cried harder. So did Guido.

"Why are you crying?" came Fudge's voice after about ten minutes when she and Mater returned from their adventure at the waterfall. The little girl was quite alarmed. She had never seen either of her fathers cry before. In fact, she'd never seen any of the townsfolk cry, except for Red. But now, both of her fathers were.