Chapter 3- Unexpected Joy (Part 3)

Third and final part of Unexpected Joy. Once again, I wish I could've done more, but I had little to no ideas. Most of it is just the backstory to Fudge's mother (this backstory doesn't justify her actions, but I thought it would be an interesting way to explain them) and Fudge's official adoption is finalised. Like I said, I would've done more with it, but no ideas.

Trigger Warning: Brief mention of child abuse and sexual assault. No scenes of this happening, but it is mentioned.

Chapter 3: Unexpected Joy (Part 3)

Another month passed. Cameron Bennett and Lucy Kramer, the social workers who had come to Radiator Springs the day after Fudge was born, had been busy digging around to locate Fudge's parents. Now, their search had finally come up with something. It was a shocking and horrible story, but it was also very interesting and very sad as well...

Fudge's biological mother was named Janelle Frost and she was thirteen years old, originally from Las Vegas, Nevada. Her own parents had died when she was five when their cruise ship sank. After that, Janelle and her brothers were placed in foster care. Unfortunately, that didn't work out so well for Janelle. If she wasn't neglected, she was abused and if she wasn't abused, she hated the fact that she had to leave the kind and loving families. It was enough to make anybody bitter and hateful. She got into trouble with the law a lot. In fact, the first time she got arrested was when she was only ten years old for theft.

When she was twelve, Janelle was sexually assaulted by one of her foster fathers. That was the final straw. She ran away and had been living on the streets for several months, only to discover that she was pregnant. However, she had since been arrested for petty theft and drug-related charges.

So, there was no chance they were going to send her back to her mother.

As for her father, he was also in prison for what he had done to Janelle.

They also managed to track down Fudge's twin uncles on her mother's side, but they were still children as well and couldn't take her.

It was just a typical day in November (November twentieth, to be specific). The weather was beginning to get cold as winter approached. Five-month-old Fudge was at home with her big blue eyes glued to the television screen as she watched the Ferrari races with her dads. The noise didn't scare her anymore; she was just completely enthralled.

"I am so happy she loves Ferraris and racing as much as we do!" Luigi declared for the billionth time, kissing his foster daughter's tiny forehead.

He and Guido didn't think it was possible to love Fudge more than they did the day she was born, but somehow, they found themselves loving her more and more each day. She was just the perfect baby in their eyes. Both of them had always dreamed of having a child, but not even in their wildest dreams could they have ever imagined having one being as wonderful and amazing as this.

Knock, knock, knock!

Fudge seemed a little confused by the strange sound, but Luigi smiled and gave her another kiss.

"There is someone here to see us, Fudgie", he explained as if she could understand what he was saying. He picked her up. "Shall we see who it is?"

"Da", was Fudge's only response.

So, the Fiat carried the baby to the front door where they found Cameron Bennett and Lucy Kramer waiting for them.

Immediately, Luigi's heart sank. He assumed the two social workers were there because they had found Fudge's biological family and she had to go and live with them effective immediately.