Chapter 11- Traffic Court

"Fudgie?" a gentle voice whispered in Fudge's ear early the next morning. "Fudgie?"

"Mmmm... What?" she mumbled sleepily, opening her blue eyes and rubbing the sleep from them.

When the blurs around her took on identifiable objects and people, she saw that Guido and Luigi were right in front of her. They'd spent the night by her bedside again. While they did sleep, a large percentage of their night was spent watching her sleep, kissing her and breathing in the smell of coconut. They were both relieved that there were no signs of nightmares. With the late night she'd had the night before and the lack of sleep she'd been getting lately due to her nightmares, both Guido and Luigi felt bad to wake their daughter up, but they had to.

"We need to go, baby", Luigi announced.

"Go where?" she questioned curiously as Guido picked her up and placed her, standing up, on the ground.

"To the courthouse."

"Why do we need to go there?"

"Doc is going to decide what is going to happen to the car who broke the road", Luigi explained patiently.

In an instant, Fudge remembered the events of the night before.

"So, why do we need to be there?"

"Because we do." Luigi got some clothes out of Fudge's closet. "So, we need to get you dressed. Come on. We can't be late."

Even though Fudge was upset about the road and wanted the car responsible to be punished like everyone else, Luigi knew the court case was gonna be extremely boring for her. So, he let her bring along some paper, some crayons, her Slinky and several other toys, promising her a treat later on if she could play quietly and behave.

"The Radiator Springs Traffic Court will come to order!" Sheriff announced not long later. He was at the front of the room in front of the podium. Sarge, Fillmore, Red, Luigi, Guido and Fudge were on one side of the room. Ramone, Flo and Lizzie were on the other side. Everyone else was yet to arrive.

After Sheriff's words, the double doors burst open and the culprit came hopping in (he wore a parking boot) followed by Mater, who had towed him over.

That was when Fudge caught her first glimpse of the culprit: a cherry red race car, sporting lots of racing decals and lightning bolts.

Now, the race car was being shouted at by the angry residents of the town.

"Hey, you scratched my paint!" Ramone accused. "I oughtta take a blow torch to you, man!"

"You broke-a the road!" Luigi added furiously. "And you could have hurt my daughter! You a very bad car!"

"Fascist!" Fillmore called out.

"Commie!" Sarge shouted.

Fudge was overwhelmed by all of the noise. She'd never seen any of her family members so angry before and the worst part was that this guy didn't seem to care about what he'd done. All he cared about was getting out of there as fast as possible. Fudge thought he was a massive jerk. Still, she decided not to say anything. Remembering that she promised Luigi she'd behave, she took out a fresh piece of paper and a red crayon and began to draw quietly.

"Hey!" Sheriff barked out to the RS gang, shutting them all up right away. "Anyone wanna be his lawyer?!"

Fudge didn't know what a lawyer was, so she bent her head down again and continued with her masterpiece. Everyone else reversed back, indicating that they didn't want to be this car's lawyer. Only Mater remained still.